• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE vs. CV

hd sye for around $200 and a stock xj front shaft

BAM!

it's a cheap, reliable setup, and if you break a stock front shaft, go to the salvage yard and spend the $20-$50 on another front shaft.

of course you have to do your homework on what length shafts to use depending on what rearend and tranny you run. as well as if you stretched your wheelbase a bit (DUHRRRR)

in my experience:

87+stock auto front shaft= works with auto trannied 8.25 or dana44 equipped jeeps.
87+stock auto OR 5 speed front shaft= works with auto trannied dana60 equipped jeeps

I think you meant to say that the other way around, compressing the suspension makes the slip yoke slide into the housing, and droop lengthens the driveshaft and makes the yoke slide out of the housing.

I agree

I meant it just like I said. As the spring compresses it flattens and extends pulling the driveshaft rearward.

Well thanks for all the input. I think I am leaning toward running a CV with the stock slip yoke set up, I have a great hook up locally to get it done. Ill report the results if I have a problem with it.

Well thanks for all the input. I think I am leaning toward running a CV with the stock slip yoke set up, I have a great hook up locally to get it done. Ill report the results if I have a problem with it.

so you asked for advice, and didn't take it.

sweet.

The extra weight of the cv WILL be a burden on the output bearing,plus you'll be a "1-of-a-kind". You also didn't stae what year T-case your working with,makes a BIG difference! Why are you making this hard on yourself ?

One thing I learned the hard way about not having a SYE is when you snap your driveline on a climb and the slip yoke comes out of the tcase all your fluid drains out on the trail:roll:

so you asked for advice, and didn't take it.

sweet.

He was evidently just looking for someone to tell him it will all be ok. Pink ponies are great and make you happy.

Truth hurts sometimes. You will wish you listened to the experience on this board.

Back