• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE + Driveshaft...under $100.00 (not 56k friendly)

Last edited:
that would make sense... let's all hope it's a 27 spline!

My only concern is that it is a larger diameter yoke to fit the usual larger diameter shafts that come with SYE. As soon as I hear from Omix I will post up and let everyone know.

This is the response that I received:

"The spline count on this yoke is 32. This yoke will work with all newer production NP 231 transfer cases (87-06)"
Thanks,
Omix-ADA

DAMN!

So this kit won't work for me? I will have a auto in mine soon(Doing a 4.0 auto swap from my 2.5 ax-5) but have the 35 rear. Will be running about 2.5-3.5" of lift.

no... it needs to be a 27 spline. that is a replacement for their kit apparently... which is 32 spline.

oh. yeah, should work fine. as far as I know, the 8.25 pinion isn't much, if any shorter than the D35.

good to know, but that even HELPS him, am I correct? by increasing the DS length, it reduces his angles more...

it may help with angles but not with the ability to use a front shaft, they are already cutting it close on length IIRC

this is true. I have to use a longer shaft anyway, I have a manual...

^ nope. that is a standard slip yoke like the one found on your stock rear driveshaft.

a few pages back, there are pics of the different yokes, including one like that and the correct one needed.

Back