• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye choices...

Elcapitano

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to get lifted soon and know I'm gonna end up with a SYE for a 4.5inch lift. My dilema right now is chosing what kit. I have seen ppl suggesting Rugged Ridge , Advanced Adaters and I have seen Rubicon Express. Price isn't to muc of a problem seening s they are all about the same price.

Suggestion or olpinions are welcome, would like to hear posatives and negatives if possible.

Thanks again

i've installed a few sye one Advanced adapters, one from tom woods, which i think is AA and two rugged ridge. they all seemed comparable in appearance. ease of install was the same. the rugged ridge ones i didn't run. they were on other peoples rigs. but the AA ones were on my rigs. no problems.

I haven't heard from the other guys with the RR about any problems either.

if you decide to go with rugged ridge check out adam's drive shafts. they are a sponsor here and you can get a sye with ds for around 400 i think

i wont be forking out alot for a DS yet, until i feel more comfortable on the trails. ive heard of plenty getting extra front DS's and using them while wheeling light.

Might help if we knew what year/t-case you have?If you have a 231 get a HD kit,H-n-T's suck on late models!

I went with JB Conversions sye kit for my 231 on my latest jeep but I've used the advanced adapters kit in the past. Id recommend either. Installation was pretty straight forward and simple on both.

Hack & Taps work excellent. I have installed several. Any H&T problems result from poor installations. If you can't cut the shaft squarely, or drill and tap a straight hole, you will have problems.

The H&T on my daily driver has been in place for 5 years or more and has been driven to Moab, wheeled for a week on the trails including Hells Revenge, and driven home twice now. No problems.

Back