• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway bar

I went with KYB Monomax for the front and some white box ones on the rear. So, a bit stiffer shack up from. I really like the balance of it. I also, ordered an OME WJ sway bar. Its less diameter than the stock WJ sway bar. I have heard of some WJ sway bar upgrade for the XJ. Sort of hope for a bit stiffer sway bar, but I also need a bit wider sway bar. I added frame stiffeners and a Bad Dad Fab bumper. So, the stock is rubbing on the frame.

I find shock selection for offroad to be somewhat of a challenge, or perhaps its better to say that it depends a lot on the kind of offroading. I'm just doing basic trail driving with my family, so a street-like shock serves me well. But from the limited offroad that I've done, I can already tell that if I was rock crawling or moving at a faster pace on more undulating trails, a firmer shock to control body movement and bottoming-out would be helpful.

Back