• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake trip July 26-28 2013

It's just that I based my decision to go on what I was told the trail would be like and I don't think I was properly advised as to the true trail conditions.

It's all me...

It's all perspective. You can get opinions ranging from "Easy,didn't challenge me" to "trail from Hell" on the same trail. Depends who you talk to.

What has me curious is how someone that doesn't like rock crawling ended up going rock crawling. Poor communication?

Yeah. Again as per Goatman:

"You should go. You'll be fine. It has rock crawling sections"

I don't mind the occasional rock garden, but 8 hours (well, 5 really) of crawling over rocks and boulders is a bit tedious...

36.98 for h20? you got ripped off :D

next up you should try the rubicon... its like John bull... but 5x as long and the rocks are bigger... .!.:D.!.

20130728_095748_zps15511c8a.jpg

20130728_102107_zps17844de8.jpg

20130728_102119_zps588db85e.jpg

looking good...

36.98 for h20? you got ripped off :D

next up you should try the rubicon... its like John bull... but 5x as long and the rocks are bigger... .!.:D.!.

Swamp is probably as hard if not a tad more challenging than the rubicon

Sorry, I guess my neck isn't red enough.

"Wellllll lookey thar. It's a mountain trail covered with boulders and rocks. Let's drive over that sheet... YEEEEEEHAAAAWWWWWW!!"

8 hours and half a tank of gas to go 14-1/2 miles to get to a stinky little lake the size of a postcard??? I'd rather dive naked into a swimming pool full of rusty razor blades.

I was asked at one point if I was having a good time... And I thought to myself, "Why no, I'm not having a good time... Just let me bash my front diff off another 27 rocks, THEN I'll be having a good time. Because you know, the first 86 times just wasn't enough for me to really enjoy the weekend.”

Then snapping my track bar on the pavement really sealed the deal.

I can't say anything negative about anyone who was there because you/they were all great people. Very helpful and fun. That trail just sucked balls.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the trail. My kids love that "stinky little lake" and already want to go back. Didn't find the trail that rough to be honest. Maybe all the junk on my roof softened the ride.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the trail. My kids love that "stinky little lake" and already want to go back. Didn't find the trail that rough to be honest. Maybe all the junk on my roof softened the ride.

Yeah, my kid and myself enjoyed all the lakes we swam, rafted in. Good times!

From what I recall the trail is rocky sections. Sure there are quite a number of them but there is also quite a bit of good old sierra dirt road too and a lot of trees to get around.

Also I agree that you had too much air in the tires. :cheers:

From what I recall the trail is rocky sections. Sure there are quite a number of them but there is also quite a bit of good old sierra dirt road too and a lot of trees to get around.

Also I agree that you had too much air in the tires. :cheers:

Too much air for what?

I got stuck one time, at the last notch. Which I knew I would. Farmer Matt gave me a yank and I was out.

Back