• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake 2015

jrowell

NAXJA Forum User
I didn't see a thread started, so I thought I would get it going. Had Dinner with Goatman last night and he mentioned the Swamp dates for this year. He would probably post them, but he's probably sailing or on the beach or doing some other difficult task.

Friday July 31st, August 1 & 2nd. Head into the trail Friday morning and camp at Grouse lake. Come out Sunday.

Do to problems last year, I'd like to propose a new rule for this run.

If you bring a canoe, AND you are maybe inebriated AND you are wearing glasses... You should have said glasses tethered tightly to your head.

Jeremy, is this a trailblazer run?

So the same groups as in the past. ok.

Do to problems last year, I'd like to propose a new rule for this run.

If you bring a canoe, AND you are maybe inebriated AND you are wearing glasses... You should have said glasses tethered tightly to your head.

The entertainment value of the kayak race made the whole trip. Especially everyone looking at each other and wondering if he was drowning or needed help.

Mark

Wish I could go but it won't shake out, the red Jeep really isn't up to the Sierra trip I have in mine (mainly lack of AC) and the black Jeep's too little.

I keep trying to think of a way to scam my way into taking the DR350 but those pesky kids keep getting in the way.

So... No AC is what is holding you back! What the....

The trip starts with a drive to Sierra Trek then working my way down to Sierra Fest. I don't want ot drive that whole valley with sweaty nuts!

Bringing this back to the top. Who's headed up from SD?

Mark you let me know where you wanna meet =) Wednesday I'm off at 2pm and will be ready to hit the road Thursday morning. This will be my first trip up to that area, anything that is a must have besides the normal camping gear? It will be my wife and my 2 kids. =)

Looking at around a 7-9am departure from SD, gives the traffic in LA time to settle down.

Darn....
Just looked at the dates and we'll be in Colorado for All-4-Fun.
Wanted to take my flatty this year too.
Such a great trail and last year with my daughter was an absolute blast.

Back