• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

super 35

and I say this with confidence... Yes it will hold up to that.
an axle truss will help strengthen the housing which would be your next weekest point. I do suggest a max tire size of 33". I would reduce that to 31"s if your real heavy on the stupid pedal all the time off road and you like to bounce through obsticles rather than finness...
honda12 said:
with all this said what is the down fall of the d35 what breaks and how much torcher does i take to break it.if any one is familiar with the siera nevada's i do such trails as swamp lake,dusy ershim,coyote lake ect.will it hold up to that.

mississippi_xj said:
well... I will say for *my* money I am doing the 8.8 swap..... They can be had around here for $400.00 with disc breaks, 4.10 gears, and a pretty good traclock differential.... you figure about another $250.00 and you have a fully locked and geared axle for $650.00.....

"Pretty good track lock diferential" isnt all that great acording to my friend Ben at Jedi.com - he was more impressed with his d35 trashlock...

where are you getting a locker and gears and install kits for 250.00?
If you were planing on a lunchbox locker, then you will also need a non-tracklock carrier...

you do realize that there is more to the cost of the axle to swap it in properly - right? Possibile things that are needed on top of the housing:
Dif fluid
Rotors
Pads
Calipers
brake lines
paint
portioning valve
e-brake line adaptor
flange to yoke adaptor OR new driveshaft end...

Im not protecting the d35, and am actualy researching a Toy 8" and collecting pieces, but realize that your $400.00 price out the door is a little un realistic...

check out Ben's write up and parts list / cost of axle swap here:
http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/ford88.html

JBFried67 said:
Why would you swap your D30 forr a 4 cylinder TJ axle?? (other than the 4:10's)

agreed - Low Pinion
= weaker ring gear
= lesss ground clearnace
= More driveshaft angle

Back