• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Summit or JEGS????

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Or does it matter???

Not XJ related, but I have to buy a pre-cat for the new grocery getter. All other things being the same, does it matter which vendor I order from?

TIA

Well both have great customer service, although i have more experiance with Summit. They have a distribution center in reno an i can get stuff in a day or two with standard shipping, which is free most of the time.

I would rate Summit customer service as wildly above and beyond expectations.

Thanks, I ordered from Summit. I thought it was kind of strange that JEGS had the same part for less, but pushed the ship date back to July 1st. If Pacesetter ships tomorrow, I'll be installing before the weekend. :guitar:

I love summit, theyre close, but not in my state which saves on taxes while still being quick.

If jegs had something summit doesnt, I would have zero problems buying from them, but i wouldnt switch suppliers over 5-10$, i prefer the framiliarity with summit.

they're about equal in my experience.

I usually order from Summit because their site is less eye searingly yellow and they offer free shipping over $100 on most stuff.

I've had no trouble with either one, they seem like the exact same company to me really. I usually go to summit first for some reason though, I find their site a little easier to use.

I just got a Jegs catalog in the mail actually, haven't ordered from them in a very long time but I still get lots of junk mail from both of them.

Order went in Sunday. UPS took it today, and says I'll have it Thursday night. :)

I placed an order from Summit 10pm Saturday night and it arrived Monday so they can't be beat if you live close to one of their distribution centers.

I usually buy from Jegs as free shipping is on most things, not just over a dollar amount. Jegs will also price match. You just need a link to the product that is cheaper and the cost of it.

It was waiting for me when I got home last night. Now, if I had just read the description and ordered gaskets at the same time. :banghead:

Back