• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stupid question: how do you remove the rear sound bar?

You should be able to take off the rear piece of trim over the back of the headliner and take out the furthest screws back on the pieces of trim that the bar tucks behind. Then take off the light assembly in the middle of the bar and disconnect it. Slide the whole bar towards the back till you can get to the wiring to unplug it, then just take out the bar. HTH!

edit: I think the wiring for the speakers actually disconnects behind the panel where the spare tire mounts...

yoyoguy2 said:
seems like it should be easy, but i can't get the damn thing off, it's ripping down half the headliner with it...
what year? In my 98 the soundbar was part of the headliner... in my 97 it's separate.

sorry, it's a 95, so the soundbar is separate. i didn't see a way to remove the light without breaking it, that was the part that was holding me up.

i hate interior work...

yoyoguy2 said:
sorry, it's a 95, so the soundbar is separate. i didn't see a way to remove the light without breaking it, that was the part that was holding me up.

i hate interior work...

See if you can pop the light cover off (as though you're replacing a bulb) and then you should see some clips or something that hold the light up. Once you pullthem of your soundbar should come of.

The little clips look a little like a small flat washer, sometimes like a little washer with 'fingers' pointing inward onto the shaft. Usually I take them off with a little pair of needle nosers and a screwdriver. Sometimes they can be reused if they dont get screwed up too bad. Replacement ones can be found at a good hardware store.

Back