• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid Brakes *@$%$$!!!!

When I replaced my front differential a buddy of mine who was helping mounted the front calipers on the opposite/wrong sides. Yes they did fit! Doing so flipped the bleeder valves over so that they were just sucking air back into the system rather than draining fluid. I finally ended up driving it gingerly to a mechnic who quickly figured it out. Talk about embarrassing!

8Mud said:
I´ve been reminded again, of one of favorite old sayings, "Just because it´s new, doesn´t mean it´s good".

WORDS TO REMEMBER!!!

This would have been my addition to this thread, but you said it better!!

I was stumped a while back with a DW problem. Turned out to be the VERY first thing I changed....and I too changed EVERYTHING in that front end!!! It turned out to be a bad factory new track bar.
I bought this MJ knowing it had a bad DW problem and actually stopped at the parts store for a new track bar, on the way home from the vehicle purchase! To make a long story short, three weeks later, I ordered and installed a Skyjacker track bar/ stabilizer and problem is gone!!! The brandy new, factory TB had a bad axle end bushing!!!

So remember 8mud's quote!!!
Just because you bought a new part, dosen't guaranty its a good part.

CW

Last edited:
Back