• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuff to do:

• Thanks to Lenny and Ghost, My Disco is now a Lincoln Locker! Works like a charm too.​
  • Passenger side outer bearing has been replaced
  • Muffler welded in place
I have a couple of odds and ends to complete, but I am done.
Armor All and some Kit wax........:conceited

Armor All and some Kit wax........:conceited

Does that make it run faster? I have a brown door on a blue Jeep and I have always felt like it has held me back a little....maybe more drag??:dunno: :rof:

Does that make it run faster? I have a brown door on a blue Jeep and I have always felt like it has held me back a little....maybe more drag??:dunno: :rof:

:D It just might.....and then....:conceited

If anything, the origin of that door should make it a badass.

bleed rear brakes.
go to orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to get shattered thumb looked at.:dunce:
hopefully still get jeep done one handed.:wow:

Swapped in a new 6 piece battery cable kit from 5-90 hoping some of my idle issues were ground related. Kit is super well made. Putting in the kit I must have caused a boo boo.

Started up the XJ and it was running terrible. Chuffing black smoke out the tailpipe and idling poorly. This SUCKS!!! The Crawl is 3 days away and my XJ won't idle.

Stared at it trying to find a vacuum leak. Since the brakes were hard, figured that's what it might be still couldn't find anything. Wife gets home and sees my frustration and black smoke. Well, she comes to :NAXJA: and does a search for "blowing black smoke" and tells me to look at the MAP sensor vacuum line. Sure enough it had broken at the TB. Go to parts rig and get a spare so that I know where it is supposed to go. Put on spare and it runs way better.

WhooooHooooo! Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Sunshine (my wife) and :NAXJA:.

So the XJ will be ready to rock and roll? Awesome dude!
yup!

i am ready to beat on this thing!
just got the tow rig inline and the seats mounted up and the brakes done! that wj booster and MC is the best thing i have done in a long time!

hoping the MORE mounts come in! and ill be set

if the xj isnt in line ill have the tj there!

Got the booster/MC swapped in and brakes bled. It's still on the trailer and I haven't tested them but I KNOW they will better than what I had!!!!!

I'm in Alabama already!!! I'm stoked about it!!!!

Got the booster/MC swapped in and brakes bled. It's still on the trailer and I haven't tested them but I KNOW they will better than what I had!!!!!

I'm in Alabama already!!! I'm stoked about it!!!!

ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!! You sir are an............:gag:...

...got some stuff done today! :)

fixed tyler's ranger transmission, wired up new lights and a plug harness on his trailer, made a poly bushing for his upper 3rd link, and began working on the axle for the willys... we still have to weld on the bearing caps, install brakes, install spring perches, install shock tabs... and more i'm sure.

running out of time... always down to the last minute.

still gotta buy food, pack stuff, and load truck and trailer with stuff and jeep...

...got some stuff done today! :)

fixed tyler's ranger transmission, wired up new lights and a plug harness on his trailer, made a poly bushing for his upper 3rd link, and began working on the axle for the willys... we still have to weld on the bearing caps, install brakes, install spring perches, install shock tabs... and more i'm sure.

running out of time... always down to the last minute.

still gotta buy food, pack stuff, and load truck and trailer with stuff and jeep...

are you bringing the willys?

oh yes!!! mine will be there for sure... tyler and i have been working on his (rebuilding rear axle) to get it finished in time for the trip; that way both members of "Team Willys" can be present at the crawl...

got the one broken motor mount replaced with BEEF!
DSC04390.jpg

got the new seats in and all cleaned up!
DSC04391.jpg

got the WJ MC/booster in and all leaks fixed as well as rear drums replaced!
DSC04384.jpg

just gotta get everything in the garage tomorrow ready to pack up!

Back