• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuck with the stealership?

pipes94xj

NAXJA Forum User
As I was turning my doors into 'wrangler style' lift off doors, I uncountered a little problem. The passenger door is off....great!
What's not great is there is the pin in the upper hinge hole of the bottom hinge. Top one came right out for me. But in the lower hinge I cut it into pieces--which ended up being a bad idea. I can't grab ahold of it now.
I've tried hitting the hell out of it with a punch, heating it and then hitting the hell out of it, drilling it out, and now that I'm mad I think im just gonna buy a new hinge for that lower part, cut off the lower ear, and use my grade 8, 1/4 bolts i got and tack weld them. I know this might cause my door alignment problems, but I'm getting impatient.

So after all that, here's the question. I searched here, quadratec, jc whitney, and crown automotive has it listed but not any details.

Am I stuck getting this damn thing from the dealer? I only need one as of now, but knowing me I'll mess up a rear door too =/

Thanks, enjoying laughing at me

LOL i want pictures, what i am planing on doing is making an external hinge like the TJ's and making a custom bracket under the fender so both sides of the hinge have something to screw into.

Something like that, yes, you'll have to get from a dealer. It's really not that big a deal, in fact I've seen situations where parts were actually cheaper from dealerships than from aftermarket suppliers. For example, an EGR valve for a 2000 3.0 V6 Honda Accord is almost $100 more expensive from NAPA than from a Honda dealer.

I don't do much, if any, body work (occassionally on my own cars, that's it), so I don't know how much a hinge will run you, but it can't be much. You could also try pulling something from a local junkyard.

I'm only laughing at you because you're attempting a doorless cherokee and fretting about broken hinges, which tells me you shouldn't have tried removing the doors in the first place. If you're pulling the doors off a Cherokee it should be a trailered trail rig IMO. Otherwise, hell that's why I wanted a Cherokee and not a Wrangler, so I wouldn't have to worry about problems with removable doors and it would seal properly in the cold winter. If you wanna pull the doors off, sell the Cherokee and get a Wrangler :D

Back