• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stroker + peugot?

haynesn12

NAXJA Forum User
i picked up another 4.0 from a junkyard the other day t rebuild or possibly build a stroker for my mj. i was wondering if my peugot tranny would handle the new motor?(if i stroke it it'll be the 4.5 way) i dont have the money for a tranny swap right now so thats out of the question. so should i build the stroker or just rebuild the motor ans wait to build the stroker when i can afford a tranny? oh yea i cant just wait to build this motor because the one in my truck is in real bad shape and needs ro be replaced. thanks in advance

The Peucrap tranny is too weak to handle the torque of a stroker. If you're intent on building a stroker, back it up with an AX15 tranny. You can find one in a junkyard pretty cheap.

The input shaft to the transfer case. More than likely you have a 21 spine input and would need to change that to a 23 spline input so it will mate up to the AX-15.

I agree with dino that the peugot wont hold up to stroker power. The swap has been covered many times here on the forum, just takes a little bit of searching.

AARON

i have searched. i have like 7 pages saved from differant posts but nobody said if the peugot would work. so i just asked a straight forward question

if you find an AX-15 from a renix MJ or XJ it should have the 21 spline shafts. It's my understanding that they didn't go to 23 until the HO

i'm a broke college student that is paying for everything he has. (apartment,school,insurances) so i dont think i would have the money to buy that gear off ya. thanks though

Back