• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stripped TJ Rubi front 44 price...?

I know ton of the TJ Rubi guys actually go away from their LP 44/30 hybrid front in favor of a HP30 unless they plan on running 4.88 or lower gears. How much would a stripped housing be worth? I just acquired one that is stripped down and don't really think its worth keeping/building for the XJ. Its in good shape with minimal surface rust, and was stored in a dry garage after being stripped. Has a UPS shipping label on the long side sending it to one of the local stealerships, so I'm guessing it was a replacement on somebodies jeep after a front end collision. Also has a Mopar part number label near the pinion. I was thinking I would clean it up, prime it, and give it a fresh coat of paint, then sell it. Any ideas on what to ask for it?

IMAG1830.jpg

Last edited:
120-150. Its a LP30 basically. Aint worth much. Find an idiot on craigslist and ask 300. But thats me

I would say keep it and build it man. There pretty good axles, and can be built up nice. Its i.e a D30 just the 44 center section, but you can put WJ knuckles on it, run 30 spline alloy shofts, truss it, and its pretty much as strong as my HP ford 44 and easy to get parts for.

My brother have a G2 crate 44 And its sicks. I feel like he got ripped off because its a LP, but, its just as strong as my 44, except for the hubs, because he has unit bearings, and I have hubs. But you can put hubs on them.

you could even cut the tubes out, cut off the upper link mount on the center section, slip it into a HP, and retube it and you have a HP 44. Be a cool project

Um..... why did the dealership replace it? Don't ya gotta assume that it's probably bent???? Or maybe the bearing seats got wallowed out? There's gotta be something wrong with it for it to have been replaced.......

And yeah, without the matching bearing caps..... it ain't worth building.

Scrap that thing.

I would say keep it and build it man. There pretty good axles, and can be built up nice. Its i.e a D30 just the 44 center section, but you can put WJ knuckles on it, run 30 spline alloy shofts, truss it, and its pretty much as strong as my HP ford 44 and easy to get parts for.

My brother have a G2 crate 44 And its sicks. I feel like he got ripped off because its a LP, but, its just as strong as my 44, except for the hubs, because he has unit bearings, and I have hubs. But you can put hubs on them.

Except its weak axle tubes, weak inner c's, weak knuckles. Oh and ya, its a low pinion. No where near the overall strength and reliability of the HD HP44

Um..... why did the dealership replace it? Don't ya gotta assume that it's probably bent???? Or maybe the bearing seats got wallowed out? There's gotta be something wrong with it for it to have been replaced.......

And yeah, without the matching bearing caps..... it ain't worth building.

Scrap that thing.

Troy, I'm assuming since this one was sent to a dealer, that it is the replacement, not the "replaced". And I do have the bearing caps.

Like I said, I dont think I'm going to build it. I just acquired it for nothing and figured it may be worth a couple bucks.

you could even cut the tubes out, cut off the upper link mount on the center section, slip it into a HP, and retube it and you have a HP 44. Be a cool project

You can't just flip a center section like that, you'll starve the pinion bearings.

Troy, I'm assuming since this one was sent to a dealer, that it is the replacement, not the "replaced". And I do have the bearing caps.

Like I said, I dont think I'm going to build it. I just acquired it for nothing and figured it may be worth a couple bucks.

Well, it appears to have oil residue in the diff housing, gasket sealer all over the housing opening, bushings pressed in the mounts that look used, sway bar links look to have been mounted to the brackets, and ball joints that look used as well. Hard to believe they'd strip a perfectly good unused axle assembly and not just install the full replacement unit....... Just sayin'.......:dunno:

Last edited:
Back