• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Streamlight lanterns

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
http://www.streamlight.com/product-selector.aspx?page=1&filters=1737

Who knows about these things? I am looking for something like this with an in-vehicle recharging base. Not necessarily this specific stuff, hopefully not this much $$, but they seem to be what I'm looking for. Nice rechargeable heavy duty design, aimable head, multiple lamp styles, etc. I take it they are popular with emergency service vehicles.

FWIW, I haven't used any of those, but streamlight typically makes a very good product.

I have two streamlight flashlights. One I bay all there time, the other was a bit too big for EDC so i mounted it. to my AR.

Wth....one I carry all the time. They have both been flawless.

Those style lights are very bulky. Not really an issue in a fire truck or wrecker, but it would take up a lot of space in a XJ. The newer ones with the Xenon bulb tend to eat battery power too. Nice lights for what they are, but I would rather have a rechargeable Mag or similar light in the XJ. If you need a floodlight, there are several rechargeable LED drop lights available now.

I have a Streamlight flashlight for work with a charger mounted in my vehicle, only problem I have with it is forgetting to charge it.

ive been wanting to turn a cheap foglight into a portable tripod light for awhile, a smaller motorcycle battery and a cheapo ebay HID kit and you would have a compact easily transportable light for camping or whatever. plus, it would be much brighter than anything you could buy for the same amount of money.

ive been wanting to turn a cheap foglight into a portable tripod light for awhile, a smaller motorcycle battery and a cheapo ebay HID kit and you would have a compact easily transportable light for camping or whatever. plus, it would be much brighter than anything you could buy for the same amount of money.

Why not do it with an led bulb instead of an HID? It wouldn't be quite as bright but the pattern might be better for a flood and you'd never flatten a battery.

The police around here have stopped using their products because of unreliability.

I think they used to make a good product but anymore I think there are better lights out there.
Which force? I've installed streamlights in every police/FBI/CIA and NSA rig I've built including the forces up north in your area. I own 5 myself one with a tazer and they are all awesome.

Btw those lights work great but as said are bulky and require quite a bit of room. Normally we installed those in fire equipment and medics.

Which force? I've installed streamlights in every police/FBI/CIA and NSA rig I've built including the forces up north in your area. I own 5 myself one with a tazer and they are all awesome.

Btw those lights work great but as said are bulky and require quite a bit of room. Normally we installed those in fire equipment and medics.

Do you have a recommendation? Something with an aimable head and a 12v recharging stand

I've had a stinger with the XL conversion head in my xj for years now. Great light.

I've had the fire vulcan in my f-250 for 8 years. I have it wired to charge when my truck is running. Probably use it once or twice a month (sometimes more depending on whats going on). Works great. Used to carry the same light when I worked EMS.

FWIW, I prefer my head lamps to any lantern in almost any situation. The light always shines where you are looking. You don't have to carry your light around in your hand. Drop something in the dark while using a lantern and you might not see where it goes. Drop something using a head lamp and if you turn your head quick enough you can watch it hit the ground. They are extremely handy.

I can't charge my head lamp in a vehicle so I keep a spare set of rechargeable batteries at all times. My Bushnell was $22 at wally world, puts out 220 lumens (which is too much sometimes), and will burn for five hours on bright with fresh batteries, 25 hours on dim. I'm slightly disappointed that the power cable is starting to short a little. It does, however, get used five nights per week for work. For $22 I'm not going to complain.

http://www.amazon.com/SecurityIng-R...&sr=8-7&keywords=cree+headlamp#productDetails

I've been using this daily for about a year now. Battery life is all about the battery. I use a Panasonic ncr18650B 3400ma battery that lasts way longer than the other brands I've tried, seems like 2-3 times longer. The down side to the battery is I had to modify the contact tab in the headlamp for them to work (they may have fixed this). The end bump on the battery wasn't protruding enough to make good contact. It was worth fiddling with, it lasts me a month or more of short time daily usage.

I have a Coast Head lamp that I use everynight at work. I also have the StreamLight Stiron thats on my belt. Both are great lights. The coast light burns through batteries pretty quick, but is a very bright light. It is dimmable, light weight, and has a focus ring. Great for working on airplanes at night haha. Also, Coast warranties them for life. I've sent back two of mine over the last 4 years for broken straps or what not and had a new one returned to me in about a week.

I use the the streamlight as a back up or an inspection light on my walk arounds due to the higher intensity and longer beam. Plus it's rechargeable and has a good battery life. At 300ish lumens it lasts for something like 8 hours.

Not sure if thats really what you're looking for, but I thought I would contribute.

Back