• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stolen XJ in Seattle (please look!)

Most vehicles that are stolen in the Seattle/Eastside area are recovered within a few days. It is most likely in the Fed Way/Kent area, since that is where the majority of vehicles that are stolen in the north are recovered. Usually, the little pukes just need transportation, and are not looking to strip or export the vehicles they steal.

Hang in there. I sent your info/pictures to a buddy of mine who works on an auto theft task force on the Eastside. He knows many vehicle thieves and it's possible he might hear something.

In the meantime, start making a detailed list of everythng that you have on/in the vehicle including serial numbers and values. Gather up all the receipts you can find, so that if it is not found, you can show your insurance company all of the $$$ you have into the vehicle.

Good luck,

Brad

Last edited:
Drae,

Just got a response from my buddy. Thought I'd pass it on to you.

Brad

Hi Brad,

That is a real bummer. I will definitely keep an eye out for it and spread the word to the other agency auto theft units.

J

Thanks B, that's fantastic!
no new news yet, I've spent 8 hrs in the last 2 days driving local neighborhoods and god knows I'll be cruising around tonite...

dr drae said:
Thanks B, that's fantastic!
no new news yet, I've spent 8 hrs in the last 2 days driving local neighborhoods and god knows I'll be cruising around tonite...
If you need back up, Brad and I are going shooting tonight, and I just picked up 500 rounds of .45 and 200 rounds of 7.62x51....
:firedevil

-----Matt-----

dr drae said:
:callme: I keep waiting for the phone call it's been found, no luck. :flamemad:

We're all waiting for you to post up that it's been recovered, intact. (knocking on wood)

I can't imagine how crappy this must be for you. Still keeping an eye open for it up here.

Got a tip from a good friend who saw a black SUV off the road in the ditch on his way into work this morning, called the local authorities, dispatch just called me back and it wasn't my rig.
icon_sad.gif

Thank you to all who are keeping eyes peeled!!!

We'll find the SOB, there's enough of us on here, and PNW, somebody's gonna see it and call ya. I'm gonna put your number in my phone so I can call you right away if I see it.

adamusmc2002 said:
We'll find the SOB, there's enough of us on here, and PNW, somebody's gonna see it and call ya. I'm gonna put your number in my phone so I can call you right away if I see it.
Your LED's were in the center console btw... :(

Another good idea is to keep your eyes open if you're wheelin this weekend, either for someone in the rig, or it abandoned on the trail...

dr drae said:
Your LED's were in the center console btw... :(

Another good idea is to keep your eyes open if you're wheelin this weekend, either for someone in the rig, or it abandoned on the trail...
Ha, that's funny. I told him about those LED's.

We'll be up North at Walker this weekend (or a bunch of us will) but if it's there, we'll get it back for you. You know how the NWC chapter rolls.

sniper.gif

-----Matt----

Thanks IXNAY!

Interesting info:
in 2006 the Jeep Cherokee was #13 on the list of top stolen vehicles in WA state. It was the only model Jeep in the top 20.

don't get too discouraged, keep lookin!

i had a buddy's car get stolen once. with enough phone calls and digging for info I had the guys standing next to me that took it handing over the parts they'd stripped, and two days later had the kid so scared he hopped in a car with us and showed us where he had stashed it. all in all my buddy recovered 98% of his car.

he had to buy a couple parts, and his steering column is all busted up

dr drae said:
Thanks IXNAY!

Interesting info:
in 2006 the Jeep Cherokee was #13 on the list of top stolen vehicles in WA state. It was the only model Jeep in the top 20.

My first Cherokee was a theft recovery. They busted open the column and used the shaft to the ignition to drive it around for a month. That's the story I got from the seller anyway. That's how I drove it home too. Good luck boss, it's gotta be tough.

Drae-

I am definitely sorry to hear about your loss. This happened to me about this time last year as well- Mine never got recovered, but the Border patrol told me to check the trails as well, as the police won't even consider looking there. I took it as good advice, but never found my XJ-

Just a tidbit for you. I say Matt should organize a weekend long wheeling trip near your area.

HTH,

Coullt

Last edited:
That's too bad Drae... My wife and I will be on patrol from Bothell to Carnation to Redmond/ Bellevue.

P.S. I got to drive your jeep briefly once... I work at the Bellevue Les Schwab. I must say it is a FINE vehicle. I hope you get it back.

-Jeff

Back