• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

STOLEN 1988 Cherokee Ashland Massachusetts

bremery88

NAXJA Forum User
All,
On Sunday 4.15.07 my Jeep (1988 Grey Cherokee) was stolen from my driveway in Ashland Mass. It was not mobile and was removed with a ramp truck. I believe its still in the Framingham, Ashland, Hopkinton Area. If you saw anything or know where this vehicle is I would like it back.

The Jeep had a Ramsey REP8000 winch, skid plates, rock rails, locker, and a rear tire carrier. It also had a "Jeep Jamboree" Sticker on the front windshield and a "Patriot Jeepers" sticker on the back.

Also if anyone sees these parts I would like to know about it as well.
Take a look at the attached pictures.

<b>See my craigslist ad for pictures<b/>
http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/wan/313945027.html

Also,
A guy came buy 4 weeks ago in a 1987 Silver XJ with a 5 speed. He was the only person that asked about it and had a friend that did towing. I am speculating that this guy had something to do with it, but as they say innocent until proven guilty. He said he lives up the street from me, so I believe hes local.

I also put in a police report, but since my jeep is not registered, and I did not get the guy's name or liscence plate they think I'm out of luck. Maybe someone saw it on a flat bed? I'm just trying to find that person of interest to rule him out.

If you have any info PM me or post in this thread. I apologize if this thread is in the wrong spot.

I'll give my little bro's a heads up, they're a bit down the road in Norfolk, but more eyes open the better (they have buds from all over the area)

Just wanted to post and offer condolences and wish you luck in the search.

Obviously you spoke with any neighbors who might have witnessed something and perhaps saw a name of the towing company?

Have you posted this on local boards? The Craigslist ad is a good idea.

I will keep an eye out for any parts matching your description as i'm sure others here in your area will as well. If we see parts posted for sale we should ask for pics, post them in this thread and perhaps bremery88 can ID something.

This is a good place for this post, i'd like to see this become a sticky and kept at the top of the page...Mod?

My neighbors did not see anything. This weekend we had a lot of rain so it was tough to see anything. I put this up on a few local boards, but I've been spending most of my time driving around looking for it, or the guy that stopped by in the silver Jeep. I live on a main road (RT 135) so it was pretty brazen and I was working out of town this past weekend so whoever took it was fairly coordinated.

They only person that knew it was possibly for sale was that guy that stopped by like 4 weeks ago. This guys said he wanted it for parts, and right now everything points to him. During his visit I noticed he seemed drunk, so I really wanted to get him off my property, and thats why I don't have a name or number for the guy. It was so long ago that I can't remember his plate either.

Thanks for the ideas. I'm going to put a flyer up at my local NAPA today, just to see if anyone has seen the Jeep in someone's yard/business.

Post up anything you can remember about the guys physical appearance and his Jeep. Stock/mods..stickers..dent's/rust..his height..weight..hair color..age...etc. Did he say anything that could help?

Maybe someone somewhere will recognize something.

Some info on the guy that came by and was asking all the questions.

He does not seem like he was too into Jeeps.

He appeared to be brazillian / Portugese
Approximately 5'8", 225-250 lbs, Stocky
Short hair, could not tell the color.
Was wearing work clothes and boots

His Jeep was a 1987 Jeep Cherokee, Sliver or Grey, Rusted out rear bumper. Body was in good shape. He said he put in a new motor and it had a 5 speed manual transmission. Also said he lived near by, so that would be Ashland / Hopkinton for those who are familiar with the area.

The police can not look for this guy unless I get a liscence plate or a name.

Thats some good add'l info..

How was his english?

Next town over is really starting to see alot of immigrants and SOME are thieves. They tend to drink at home, looking in bars may not help. Asking around at local beer distributors (if MA has them) might turn up a lead.

Check the local apartment complex's,landscapers,industrial parks,construction outfits.

Update:
I might have seen the guy last night. I am hopeful that I can get his plate number or follow him home. At least I think he still is from the area, so I can keep up my searching.

bremery88 said:
Update:
I might have seen the guy last night. I am hopeful that I can get his plate number or follow him home. At least I think he still is from the area, so I can keep up my searching.
ehh if someone stole a jeep right out of your yard like its no problem i wouldnt suggset just following them to their house to confront them they probably are not a very good person not someone u want to be alone w/ on their property ya know lol :gee:

bremery88 said:
Update:

For all you know the culprit may be lurking on this board :eyes: I wouldn’t post my surveillance intentions, You could get your self shot.

I've been looking around for the Jeep and the guy with no luck. I talked to the police on Friday and they still don't care. The detective didn't realize that it was stolen with a ramp truck, even though my police report makes that very clear. Its starting to get rather frustrating.

I doubt the guy even has a computer so I'm not worried about him learning about my surveillance. And my plan is to get his plate # if I see him, then let the police do their job.

I'll keep you posted if anything happens.

wow. i travel that way everyday to work. where abouts on 135 are you? i live in over in hopkinton/upton/milford line. ill keep my eyes open for ya

Have you checked ebay for parts that were exactly the same as yours, maybe one guy parting out your jeep, craigslist, wanted advertiser, ebay, places like that?
Just an idea....
I really wish I could help more...

i would sugest getting out the yellow pages and calling every towing company they keep records of what they tow this person might have been dumb enough to say he wanted it towed and had a wrecker get it or you might find a shady towing company in the process if they sound suspicous they most likely are go check there yard

Well, I'm giving up.... I'm going to keep my eyes open when I drive around, but I can't spend all my time looking for it. Thanks for the ideas and suggestions.

Back