• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Upgrade

I did almost exactly what jmaxj did except with some cool looking hex stock i had layin around at the shop. 3/4 heims from ruffstuff = 8.95 a piece x4, high misalignment spacers from ruffstuff like 2.50 x4, then some jam nuts and some 3/4 to 5/8 bore sleeves on the lower rod ends so you can run a 5/8s bolt for the most misalighnment and whatever bolts and nuts you need.

thats what mine is, 5/8 grade 8 bolts 3/4 heims but i screwed up and got the aluminum misalignment spacers, they suck tapped the .281 wall and threaded in the heims with some jam nuts. i've landed on the tireod hard with the full weight of the jeep and it didn't bend at all.

I did almost exactly what jmaxj did except with some cool looking hex stock i had layin around at the shop. 3/4 heims from ruffstuff = 8.95 a piece x4, high misalignment spacers from ruffstuff like 2.50 x4, then some jam nuts and some 3/4 to 5/8 bore sleeves on the lower rod ends so you can run a 5/8s bolt for the most misalighnment and whatever bolts and nuts you need.

Heim joints that cheap won't last, and are not very strong. Not recommended at all. It's best to always get the good heim joints.

not to get off track I would like to change my steering also I have a stock yj set up has anyone try"d that I have 6.5 lift 33s

Back