• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering pump options

XJRN

NAXJA Forum User
My pump is crapping out and I need to do something. I am running 37s with a spool in the front and stock xj pump/box. Would love a full psc hydro assist kit but lots of other things I need right now and don't thing I can spring $1200 just on steering. I have read a lot about the wj swap but it seems to get mixed reviews. If I could get a better yet slightly cheaper pump, a surplus center ram and drill/tap my box I could end up with assist but wanted to get some input into this. Any recommendations?

Get the PSC kit, you won't regret it trust me, I love mine. You could also save yourself a few bucks buy sending them your box to be rebuilt instead of buying a new one. You can buy the pump/resi setup now and piece together the rest later down the road. Add a cooler setup as well, that with the larger resi will keep the fluid cool and happy.

Back