• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Column ?'s

muddymopar

NAXJA Forum User
So I took apart my steering column a while ago and it does seem right anymore, The actual steering column does move however the wheel and little shaft inside move around...i.e. you can grab wheel and move it up and down and side to side inside the column...so i was thinking about changing the whole thing out for a new used one... how much work is involved in that...any wiring issues i might come up with if i didnt get the same year as mine? it is a 90 with a tilt wheel and its automatic...so do i have to find one out of a rig with that same set up? or would that matter other than if i wanted tilt wheel or not....
its still drivable but it makes it a real pain in the A$$ to drive around on the highways...
any help guys?
Thanks ahead of time

From your post, I don't have a clue what you are talking about :looney:

However, Changing to a new/used column is not a difficult task for the normal home mechanic. I think it might have taken me an hour the first time? and maybe 1/2 of that the 2nd or 3rd time with a second person to help align a couple of the bolts (it is definetly easier with a 2nd person).

Can you explain what the issue is better so that we can help you diagnose the issues?

Michael

Back