• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering box install tips/tricks

What Joe said, but this is from the JCR bumper install Instructions-

Problems
Occasionally you will find a hole on your frame rail is slightly different than a hole in the bumper or tie-in
brackets. Many times this is very minor and easily solved. Line up all holes that fit and temporarily install those
bolts. Take a drill bit just bigger than the bolt size intended for the offending hole and run it through the tie-in
and the uni-frame.

This may apply to the spacer.

I actually tried that, but snapped the biggest bit I had trying to open it up. That's the point when I decided to use the OEM one I had. I've sent an email to JCR to see if they'll swap a good one with me. I'm sure they'll make it right.

Believe me I tried. The holes on their spacer would not line up with the OEM spacer. I tried drilling it out, but snapped my biggest bit in half. If JCR won't exchange it, then I'll try opening it up more with a different bit. If that doesn't work, I'll just throw the damn thing in the trash and buy one from C-Rok. No big deal either way.

Bottom line is, with any company's spacer, check it against your OEM spacer (if it's in one piece) before spending hours on your back cussing at the damn thing.

Bottom line is, with any company's spacer, check it against your OEM spacer (if it's in one piece) before spending hours on your back cussing at the damn thing.

Good advice!

I'm sure JCR will take care of you.

Fun Fun Fun!!!!!!:eeks1: I will stay I didn't have any problems with the C-Roc plate lining up, but that's probably not helping you at all.

Last edited:
Believe me I tried. The holes on their spacer would not line up with the OEM spacer. I tried drilling it out, but snapped my biggest bit in half. If JCR won't exchange it, then I'll try opening it up more with a different bit. If that doesn't work, I'll just throw the damn thing in the trash and buy one from C-Rok. No big deal either way.

If they won't PM me and I will pay you for it, don't trash it. I need to get one anyway and can handle the enlargement.

Kinda interesting that my Old Fart brain was on-track with JCR's tech writer. :confused1

There have been several people who ran into the same thing- it was brought up a few times in one of the JCR threads. I should have said something when it would have been helpful, but I forgot.

We are pretty sure that the problem that was encountered earlier was a small messed up batch. We were able to nail it down to a handful of brackets. You shouldn't have any problems, however if you do, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Hmmm... you tried cursing already... this is where the other problem solvers come into play: angle grinder, BFH, and alcohol. I guess in this case you could substitute a good strong drill bit and a drill press for the angle grinder :dunno:

Well JCR sent me an email this morning stating that they would be more than glad to replace the spacer at no charge. Top notch customer service, as usual!

Thanks again JCR.

:cheers:

Hey Mike glad to hear it's mounted up and your back is feeling better. JCR seems to be a reliable company that is willing to stand behind their products...guess I know where I will be buying my bumpers from now.

Back