• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Dan,
Do you have anyone having issues with the y link steering without hi steer ? I am contemplating running the Y link with the "cure" on about a 6" lift - going OTK (ford hp44 up front)

The only reason you might is when you replaced the axle did you place it forward from the stock position? If you did, did you also move the steering box forward? They go together and its amazing how many people do not realize it...

I am not worried about coil bucket or diff clearance.

I use all ruffstruff parts, I am using your offset coil mounts with a offset trackbar mount so there is tons of room to clear, I use a WJ pitman arm after filing down the 4 master splines, it clears now with a ruffstuff heim/1.75 DOM setup, stacked on top of the pass knuckle. I keep burning through heims so I want to go back to TREs to see if it helps and see if it handles any better.

My only concern was to possibly see exaggerated tie rod roll at say 6" of lift due to the extreme angle on the drag link - even with a cure spacer. is this a concern ?

Ordered it with the tapered inserts and the cure. The tapered inserts kit for 22$ comes with the high angle drag link version.

Dan,
Do you have anyone having issues with the y link steering without hi steer ? I am contemplating running the Y link with the "cure" on about a 6" lift - going OTK (ford hp44 up front)

This is just my thoughts so far. Im still trying to get it sorted out. Its a 98 XJ with about 4.5" lift.

I ordered the y link kit for over the knuckle. Its been pretty much a nightmare so far.

Im not knocking the kit. Its a universal kit and that comes with drawbacks, but if id have known there would be half this issue theres no way....id have bought a more specific XJ kit. If its not "just me" I highly believe this kit should be advertised as "NOT FOR XJs"

Last edited:
OK, in case anyone seen my above post before I edited it. I decided to remove a bunch of the more technical difficulties specific to my project because I just noticed Blonde has offset trackbar and coil buckets, which I think solves probably every issue ive run into.

OK, in case anyone seen my above post before I edited it. I decided to remove a bunch of the more technical difficulties specific to my project because I just noticed Blonde has offset trackbar and coil buckets, which I think solves probably every issue ive run into.
I am glad to hear that, they have been pretty much problem free. BTW, sorry for the slow response, I was at the Rally Venture for 3 days and then a swap meet!

Back