• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steel in phila area

IRISHSPDFRK

NAXJA Forum User
looking for places to buy steel. i remeber someone saying there a place in phila that is pretty cheap. looking for some square tube and 1/4" plate. sean

Try Hoover Steel up in Schwenksville, just of Rt 73 by Cross Road. http://www.hooversteel.com/ I got some stuff for my Scrambler many years ago and they were great. I brought a piece of paper up with a very basic diagram of what I needed and how I needed it bent. The did it for me, cheap too, that was way before steel prices went up. I went to Gambone Steel a few minutes from my house and asked how much the stuff would cost. The guys reply was "What's it worth to you?" I walked out drove 20 minutes to Hoover and was very happy with them.

I also recommend Joseph Fazzio inc. Well worth the ride..

I was at Fazzio's two weeks ago so I could make a jig for my conv Rustang. Cool place.
002-2.jpg

Hey John, I still have the Chevelle. I got the Mustang for free, You know me, I can't say no to Muscle cars and Jeeps.
045.jpg

Keep me in mind next time someone wants to give you a 70-80's Camaro, Malibu, Monte etc. I have a Vette motor in garage i'd like to do something with.

I missed a rustfree 79-80 Camaro Berlinetta with T-Tops and clean title needing an engine for $400.

I'll keep a look out John, Your Vette engine would sound great in this, I just replaced the left quarter and inner wheelhouse, it's my sister's car. IRISHSPDFRK Sorry about the change in direction of your post.
001.jpg

Back