• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steel Bull Fab tube doors on ebay

Re: RJR offorad

So here is my problem. I got some tube doors for my rig today from Steel Bull Fab out of Texas (1st problem) and they have the most ghetto latching system and the welds are worse then mine and I've only welded a handful of times. I paid $160 shipped to me and I figured it was a great deal because I couldn't find the time to fab something myself. After getting these today, I'm thinking of sending them back, getting my cash back and ordering the Warrior tube doors from RGR for $100 more but they look good. Any experience with these doors? Here are pics of the crap I got today.

Good looking latch, I think my fence has something like that? :)
ghettolatchsmall.jpg

Here is how the crappy latch is welded on by using some flat stock..All welds look this bad...
latchsmall.jpg

The whole great Ebay deal....
tubedoorsmall.jpg

get money back... as soon as you can. bare minimum leave some accurate feedback so others don't make this mistake too.
fugly.

best of luck getting money back and new ones ordered.

Those are absolutely horrible, I would be furious if those were sent to me. I am sure the tube doors from RJR are much better than that, send those back and let them know what you think!

Cornflake said:
Want to order some stuff but his site is down. Googled it and no good and our banner doesn't go to it. Anyone know what's up?

Have you PM'd JR aka RJROffRoad yet? I know he checks in here at least once a day, I was just PM'd by him last night with some price quotes.

Cornflake said:
Here is how the crappy latch is welded on by using some flat stock..All welds look this bad...
latchsmall.jpg

WOW :shocked: i wonder if he still eats boogers or just welds with em?

:wow:

Got a hold of Steel Bull Fab and am shipping back this junk tomorrow. I took tons of pictures just in case I have to involve Ebay and he says he'll credit my account as soon as the doors get back to him. We'll see. I explained to him that I could weld with my genitals better than this junk. I think he might of been offended. What an A$$-HAT selling crap like this! But I just ordered Warrior tube doors from RJR, so now I'll be set. Free shipping, pretty sweet.

Please do not post pics of welding with your genitals! :D

Good deal, glad you were able to send that crap back and get a good product :clap:

If you wanna check out another option JEONLYEP makes tube doors.

toss him a pm, I think they are 200 plus shipping.

JNickel101 said:
Please do not post pics of welding with your genitals! :D

Good deal, glad you were able to send that crap back and get a good product :clap:

don't worry, i would never post pics of my welds yet alone if they were done with my genitals. it would make us all sick :)

Cornflake said:
Want to order some stuff but his site is down. Googled it and no good and our banner doesn't go to it. Anyone know what's up?

Works for me. :dunno:

Junk is right! Just got these in yesterday, ghetto latch and all!! "Will withstand even the most rugged terrian" NOT!

Gonna try and get my money back.

Another option is Formatt Fabrication. Nice looking tube doors and they have a model for the 97+.

Thinking about buying these and having a friend extend them to fit my 2-door.

http://www.formattfab.com/

Matt is not selling these anymore. I wanted a set for my 95 and he said that this was just his side business and that he is no longer making anything. Too bad because they look really nice.

xjohnnyc said:
Another option is Formatt Fabrication. Nice looking tube doors and they have a model for the 97+.

Thinking about buying these and having a friend extend them to fit my 2-door.

http://www.formattfab.com/

d10shun said:
Matt is not selling these anymore. I wanted a set for my 95 and he said that this was just his side business and that he is no longer making anything. Too bad because they look really nice.

That sucks I was really interested in these, I sent him an e-mail last week, maybe thats why I didnt here back.....

Back