• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starting problems

jkkj

NAXJA Forum User
I have began to have starting problems with my 98 and was wondering what you guys think. When it is warm it starts fine.

When it is cold you hit the key and it just cranks no matter how long you hold it or what you do. Let off the key and hit it again and it fires right up.
I have never realy held it crancking for more than five or ten seconds. I have tried pushing the gas pedal all the way to the floor(on fords this turns the injectors off)with no luck.

The only thing I have realy tried is seafoam in the gas and down the intake. It ideals a little smoother, and hits right off the second time you hit the key, but I am still concerned.

Initially thought a dirty injector. I think I ruled that out. They are all clicking too.

Whats next?
-Clogged exhaust-bad converter? On a 98 can I just clean it out or will that cause problems?

-Is the fuel pump getting weak? I don't really have the means to check it at home.

98,000 miles. Whats the problem?

Back