• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starter bolts on the 2.5L ???

There are two of them. Be careful it is heavy. They are on either side of the starter and they are vertical and go up into the block. There is also one or two wires that are very short. So disconnect them first. some starters have a small "grounding" strap on them. Mine did but it was nto attached.

Ohhhh! I saw those and wondered if they were it but they are like a hex head bolts? What kind of wrech or socket do you use on those?

Don't remember the exact size. Metric I believe but coudl be wrong. They are long and I found the best way was to use a long extension to get them loose. Then hold the starter and pull both at the same time. Also, if yours has the ground strap undo that first.

the bolts are like a six sided hex head thing. I have hex heads but they are "male" ends, and It looks like I need a "female" end socket hex head.

They are 14MM I believe.

Back