• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Start then stall....again and again...

Other items that can cause these symptoms are a bad ignition coil, or a bad CAMSHAFT sensor.

The cam sensor is also known as the distributor pickup. I am not sure if you have one, bu they are $20 at the parts store and take 10 mins to install. They are often overlooked and cause intermittant problems frequently.

Wildmatt said:
Other items that can cause these symptoms are a bad ignition coil, or a bad CAMSHAFT sensor.

The cam sensor is also known as the distributor pickup. I am not sure if you have one, bu they are $20 at the parts store and take 10 mins to install. They are often overlooked and cause intermittant problems frequently.

I was it was so cut and dry. It seems that it could be a multitude of issues.....

So I ended up taking my heep to a shop. The replaced the fuel pump and still same issue. They did an injector clean because they said that the screen in the fuel rail was clogged. Same issue. So they replaced the fuel regulator and still same issue. Then they said that they just fiddled with wiring at the fuel pump. They say that it is running with no issues now.

I guess we will see when I go to pick it up......

Well, it seems to be running fine. No issues since. The explanation that the shop gave me was that there was not enough voltage going to the fuel pump. I guess they replaced some of the wiring. Seven hours of labour later.......My total bill for this issue was $849.32. All that for just a bad connection. Merry Christmas!!

Ouch!!! Thats quite a bill! I got lucky and found my issue which had the same symptom. I discovered that if I tapped on the coil with the truck running it would die instantly, it was so sensative that tapping anything else in the truck would jiggle it back on so troubleshooting was very misleading. It ended up being corroded pins between the coil and the module. You cant see it without removing the hex bolts and lifting off the coil but they are exposed to the elements and a prime candidate for oxidation or dirt. Cleaned it off and now it runs great... and most importantly free. Hopefully, other people with this problem can benefit from our findings. The CPS wire from the bellhousing is also a prime candidate for burning on the exhaust manifold on these trucks, and also causes the same symptoms. Good luck!

Back