• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Wrenchfest

Thanks Ed, I didnt know there was one in Nashville. If I have time this week, Ill make the drive up and see what I can find. If not, Ill check out Lowes/HD/Ace and see what I can find. How many do I need, roughly?

There is also one on Lebanon Road just a couple blocks off of Briley Parkway, in the shopping mall behind the BK.

I just tossed a set of jackstands, a set of torx bits (with a T50), and an angle grinder in the Jeep.

All I need is hot dog buns and I'll be ready for Saturday.

Mark and I will be working around the shop tomorrow to get things ready. I hope it will be ready.

Be sure to post up what you are bringing for food.

Ed - Hot Dogs and grill
Dirk - Hot Dog buns

Eric- tater chips.
Dirk- buns
Ed- hot dogs and grill

I have to ad axle end UCA bushings as well. I didn't realize the ones on the donor axle were so bad... I'm loaded up except a couple of tools. Gonna bring another grinder, sawzall, wheels/blades, as well as sockets, wrenches, breaker bar, BFH, etc. My jackstands are still hostage at a buddy's house, so Dirk, yours will be greatly appreciated.

What do you guys need jackstands for?

Eric- tater chips.
Dirk- buns
Ed- hot dogs and grill

I have to ad axle end UCA bushings as well. I didn't realize the ones on the donor axle were so bad... I'm loaded up except a couple of tools. Gonna bring another grinder, sawzall, wheels/blades, as well as sockets, wrenches, breaker bar, BFH, etc. My jackstands are still hostage at a buddy's house, so Dirk, yours will be greatly appreciated.

I can bring drinks...just let me know how many I should bring (not sure of the number of people that will be in attendance). :)

I'll be bringing my tools as well. If I can free up some jack stands, I'll bring a couple as well if we need them.

I figured my axle swap would be more welcome if I didn't tie up the lift to do it. So I'll
Support the body with jackstands, and put tires on the new axle. Roll it under, bolt up control arms; remove tires, button up brakes and install springs and spacers, steering, etc...

We will try to utilize the lift for these axle swaps since it makes them a lot easier.

So here is what it looks like we will need the lift for:

Ed - Exhaust install and fluid changes

Dirk - Brake line install and exhaust weld

Mark - Tie Rod Ends

Humphrey - rear axle swap

Eric - front axle swap.

I can do Mark's tierod ends without needing to lift it, as well as setting the toe. While you guys are working on exhausts I'll get that knocked out, and swap some ujoints for Ed. Then before we even put mine on the lift I'll swap my uca axle end bushings. By the time all that is done, the lift should be freed up :D

Im going to get the drinks tonight. Is anyone bringing ice or do I need to clean out the cooler and fill it up? Im going to get Coke, Dr. Pepper, and probably Sprite (or the store brands of those flavors...). Sound good to everyone?

Will anyone have a T60 bit? My oil filter adapter o-ring leaks and I thought about doing a fluid service and new o-ring.

Will anyone have a T60 bit? My oil filter adapter o-ring leaks and I thought about doing a fluid service and new o-ring.

I do that in a impact set I believe.
It would be amazing if I could take my entire tool chest up there, but I can definitely grab that. My portable tool box is tiny.

I have some huge one ton jack stands I can bring and an extra jack. I will bring my u-joint service set as well.

I have a cooler I can bring if a spare is needed.

Officially on my list from my notes to get done. I will probably get some of this done tonight or at least organize myself to power through all of it in a day.
TO DO
Weld up rear bumper
Can opener old filter
Missing Transfer Case Nut 3/8"
Paint oil pan scratches.
Sand, treat, and paint roof.
500 mile oil change - Oil and filter in living room
500 mile rear differential oil change - Need to buy oil
Drain and refill transfer case - Does it have fluid in it currently?
Differential Breathers - Need to grab 1/4" hose from Tractor Supply
Seam Sealer by VIN tag in engine bay
Blower Motor Resistor Pack - Part on Order(Not like the rest of the HVAC works.)
Tie Up Rear Wiring
Pulling left on hard braking - Seems to be the front left brake. Maybe replace entirely.
Rattling on coasting - Not the drive shaft
Finish installing Novak shifter
Rebuild front drive shaft

Well, everything is as ready as it can be. Mark and I are beat and he worked his butt off.

Hauled off some trash and a load of scrap.

I spotted 3 sets of jack stands so I'd think we'd be good there.

Remember if you plan to eat, please bring some drinks/cooler/ice or chips or other munchies. If you guys want burgers, I'd be happy to grill them if someone wants to provide them. I offered hot dogs since I already had them.

Drinks and ice will be great. It was warm todaysto hydration tomorrow will be important.

I will also mention that I would prefer no alcohol be present. There will be children present and I don't believe we need it to have a good time.

Drinks and ice will be great. It was warm todaysto hydration tomorrow will be important.

I will also mention that I would prefer no alcohol be present. There will be children present and I don't believe we need it to have a good time.

I will clean out the cooler tonight & throw the drinks in there with some ice.

Back