• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring creek Oct 9th

Well, the normal exit would be in dumont off of i-70 however the bridge to cross the creek is still out so to get to the trail you have to take the exit off of i70 for US 40 towards winter park and then backtrack a couple miles

the atv tour place is right next to it so shoot for this:

3627 Alvarado Road
Lawson, CO 80436

One more xj with me. And yes my dad said they have a video getting e-mailed to them from someone who was up there at french creek. You can see a video of him in mickeys hot tub on hells revenge on youtube. He flips it over on its top on like the third try.

Mike If ya wanna meet at my place we can head up I70 ill show ya the way!
i think the plans are to stay at heathers younger sisters place. they have a house by their school on I70 and federal area.
where are you at, i think meeting up then rollin up there together would be great! thanks :thumbup:

Meeting place has changed: Dumont exit 234 - the one with the truck scales and truck stop with BK and subway.

Alright - Time to coordinate:

Sunday October 10th - Spring creek run

In as of now:
xjcase
in4aride
mco1xj +(2wd buggies) + 1 xj (4 total)
Kiefer316
Yella (if bor rig works right)
jeepfreak (sorting things out)

might possibly have another XJ coming up with me, depends if he can get his new trac bar installed in time

Mike I'm in sw littleton. Bout c470 and wads area. Can be at i70 and federal in the am.

I'm thinkin 830 is a little early. 9 -930 would work better but whatever works for everyone else

cool man, you got my number, just let me know when and where ya want me to meet up with ya and ill be good to go
but if ya wanna come by where we will be staying you should...
its a college house full of chics, ya dig

So uh... where's this college house full of chicks?
Quit holdin out on us :D

hey shouldnt you be fixin that BOR rig so we can wheel sunday?

If I had an effing clue where to start with it's problem, I'd be out there right now....... But having swapped out the entire throttle body with one from a good running rig, swapping the ECU with one from a good running rig, fresh battery in it......... there's no explaination for it's issues:

-Won't start easily. Requires alot of cranking with the gas pedal floored. When it starts, it belches black smoke and runs like ass, dies when you let your foot off.
-Will rough idle at barely above 650 RPM after about 2-3 minutes of keeping the foot on the gas, but the minute you put it into gear, or try to push on the gas pedal again, it immediately dies.
-NONE of the dash gauges work. Odometer, other warning lights work, but gauges are dead.
-Tail pipe and the lower area of the bumper where the exhaust tip is are soot-black.

I am uber-stumped and it's gonna piss me off when I do finally figure out what it's problem was........ probably something fawkin' simple.

I've just NEVER come across a rig that runs this badly - barely at all - and doesn't set a single OBD code.

Someone else got me wondering if it isn't the alarm system (has auto start feature) fawkin' with the signals/circuits or something. It's wired into damn near everything.

Might have to kill it with fire.........

Last edited:
Back