• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring creek Oct 9th

Someone should convince jeepfreak that spring creek > red elephant...

That would be for a long day of running. Red Elephant is the alternative to get to Mill Creek and you do not go down red elephant, too steep and not enough areas to pass...............

once you finish Red Elephant then you have to go down Bill Moore lake through empire to get out. Adding those two to the list would make it a very long day. When you finish Spring creek you can take a right and head down Saxon Rd. or a left and go down the confusing network of trails such as cascade creek etc.

I know this, but he was considering running Elephant instead of Spring Creek - Spring creek oughta be more fun for him and I think he could get through most everything up there especially with all his brand new brown santa parts

Personally, I'd rather just turn around at the top of Spring Creek and run it back down. Saxon Rd is retarded, and I have yet to make it down the other ways without spending an extra hour trying to get un-lost........

I think the spring creek trip may not go down. Im not feeling beating on my rig yet that hard. With me just putting my new lift on I kinda want to do a little of a shake down easy run before that. So I think that me and xjcase and hurley are going to run red elephant on Sunday the 10 instead

I think the spring creek trip may not go down. Im not feeling beating on my rig yet that hard. With me just putting my new lift on I kinda want to do a little of a shake down easy run before that. So I think that me and xjcase and hurley are going to run red elephant on Sunday the 10 instead

Weeners......... :D

I'll just be happy if I can get my rig running. If that happens, I'll hit whatever trail is being run......... but I've done Red Elephant and Bill Moore enough. Can't get enough of Spring Creek.

Weeners......... :D

I'll just be happy if I can get my rig running. If that happens, I'll hit whatever trail is being run......... but I've done Red Elephant and Bill Moore enough. Can't get enough of Spring Creek.

Please please please get your rig runnin.

I keep having to Reiterate the fact that some of us enjoy the scenery of the back country, and not just the wheeling aspect of it. Red Elephant gives a stock to mildly built rig, a small challenge, and has some cool stuff to see along the way. I still haven't been to Bill Moore lake, so I want to check it out. I can't speak for anybody else's reason for doing Red Elephant, but I like the Idea of having another rig or two come along.

Its different when you are a poor college student and your rig is your DD.

I am a poor divorced correctional officer who's rig is a DD.........:dunno:

Oh and I do go for the scenery/photo opportunities as much as the wheelin!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I do go for the scenery/photo opportunities as much as the wheelin!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I saw your photos awhile back, very nice :thumbup:

Just seems like the majority of the folks around here are mainly interested in 7+ rated trails, where some of us like to wheel other stuff. Just a friendly reminder. Also, depending on what day you go, Red Elephant can be a pain. I've seen guys on 35's locked f/r have a hard time. As steep as it is, when its really dry it can be slick as snot.

Either way, whatever run folks choose, should be a great time.

Do you have a jeep to run spring creek? I think I'm out for spring creek, I'm having alot of problems with the jeep and the new lift and I can't afford to break anything, so I'm just gona take it easy on the jeep, if I can even get the jeep running by Saturday to even join Hurley.

Well i plan on going, my dad and brother have 2 wheel drive sand rails (volkswagon) and said they would plan on going too, so if anyone wants to see 2WD go up with ease, show up.They went up holy cross last sat. with no problem. Open diff ,2WD, volkswagon powered dune buggies is what i grew up running, they can allmost do anything we can.

lol well dam you got pics of it??

And im trying but school and work take pretty much all my time away from the jeep.
Things deff dident go right with my jeep lately, both rear shock mounts on the axle broke, so had to fix that, both bolts on the pass side crossmember broke inside the frame. Then my driver side caliper desides to take a crap on me, so now I have to replace both of those now to.

Well i plan on going, my dad and brother have 2 wheel drive sand rails (volkswagon) and said they would plan on going too, so if anyone wants to see 2WD go up with ease, show up.They went up holy cross last sat. with no problem. Open diff ,2WD, volkswagon powered dune buggies is what i grew up running, they can allmost do anything we can.

Now that would be awesome to see!

sweet what time you heading up, i have no idea where it is, never run it before....but as long as someone is going, i am in!

Alright - Time to coordinate:

Sunday October 10th - Spring creek run

Meet at Mcdonalds in Idaho Springs at 8:30 (?)

In as of now:
xjcase
in4aride
mco1xj +(2wd buggies)
Kiefer316
Yella (if bor rig works right)

I am flexible on time and location of meeting place - let me know if we should change it

Back