• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Creek Friday night (7-15)

You don't have over inflated and bald Irok's on your rig. Next month I'm ordering my DIY Beadlock kit and then hopefully I'll also be able to replace the rear tires with ones that have better tread. Until then I'm very limited on traction.

oops just sent you a txt! Looks like we are not camping, just going up then coming down.

Well I'm g2g for tomorrow now. I just got done wiring up the spot lights on my a-pillars and even installed a mirror on my driver's side. Then I noticed I had a leaf trying to work its way out of the passenger side rear leafpack. Pulled the leafpack out and made a new center-pin using a grade 8 bolt. I'm going to drive the Jeep to work tomorrow so I can get it loaded onto my trailer and be ready to head straight out from there to meet my wife at the baby sitter's house.

I was planning on taking the back roads back, I'll need to get back as soon as I can to get my son.

whats fastest way down? I dont want to be toolin around on switchbacks til 3am

ya ill let ya know

Cascade Creek road or something like that. When you get to the end of the trail there is a left turn that takes you to basically smooth dirt roads. Otherwise you stay right and that takes you to the "Switchbacks of Death" that'll beat you up all the way down to Georgetown. Option 3 obviously is to go back down the way you came.

pretty easy to get lost trying to find cascade creek... especially at night. Make sure someone has a gps other than a phone cause there is no service back there

I went back the Sunday after we went out with the COJeeps group. I went out the way to the left once you reach the top of Spring Creek. It wasn't much/any better than going out Saxon. More confusing actually and not much of a smoother ride. I'm not sure I'd want to try and navigate out of there in the dark.

Maybe going back out Spring Creek would be the way to go. It'd be more fun and possibly even shorter?

I'm still iffy about tonight. I guess I don't want to be up there in a nasty mess, but what else would I be doing? lol I'll see.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/saxon_mountain/maps/map_area.gif

You can go out Spring Gulch Road, or Ute Creek Road, or Cascade Creek.

Spring Gulch looks longer, but is more the dirt road you are wishing for. The other routes off the mountian are bumpier, and a little twistier, which slows you down. BTW, I have not been up Ute Creek this year, it may not be so bad.

Just got done unloading the jeep, returning the truck, and picking up the kid. Now its time to nap on the couch while my boy watches "Dragon Tales" Oh YAY!!!!!

I had a great time all in all, but yes it was indeed a long night.

I take it Mike's (in4aride) rig made it home safe and sound?

This is un-related to anyone on here ,But next time I run this trail I'll be taking video ,because I'm tired of folks telling me they took the extreme lines I took in a stock 4 door land Cruiser ...I even had a dude with video of him driving up middle of obstacle numbe 3 tell me it was the same line I took even after telling him the line I ran was 20- feet to his left and right against tree line ... just say-n if I could run the lines I take on a trail in a stock 4 door land Cruiser I'd own a stock Land Cruiser ,and would not have the U.S. mint tied up in my jeep...lol...YA-FEEEEL ME Mang !

Back