• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

someone tried stealing my jeep

I would just head to the junk yard and try to find a cylinder with a key still in it. Doesn't take long to pull the cylinder, shouldn't cost you too much either.

I was at a local yard a few weeks ago and probably half the xj's there still had the keys in the ignition.

Good luck, i know that's a shitty thing to happen, but at least they didn't steal it!

Giviner said:
I would just head to the junk yard and try to find a cylinder with a key still in it. Doesn't take long to pull the cylinder, shouldn't cost you too much either.

I was at a local yard a few weeks ago and probably half the xj's there still had the keys in the ignition.

Good luck, i know that's a shitty thing to happen, but at least they didn't steal it!

Ya, but even if they gave him the cylinder with key he would still need to pull it.

The cylinders are dirt cheap from autozone or checker, plus it would be a new part that is not 20 years old already, and you would get 2 new keys that are not worn.

thank you to everyone that helped me i got it done. i got the replacement for 13.99 and it took about 30 minutes i also refered to the write up that was about taking out the ignition and it was easy. if anyone in the future needs any help im glad to help ya out. was quick and painless. other then the torn up column but oh well at least it works. and again to everyone that helped

Back