• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Someone in San Diego Area to Look at XJ

David_Bricker

PSR Fire Marshall
NAXJA Member
Is there someone in the San Diego area, specifically National City, that could look at a Jeep for a friend of mine?

David Bricker / SYR

Dang.

If you had asked this yesterday I might have been able to do it today. I was down there earlier today.

What kind of time frame is available for this? I am going to be thoroughly involved in two projects for the next couple of weeks, but I might have some free time on the weekends.

David, no one admits to being from Nasty City :anon::wow::eek::gee::eyes: . But if you had texted me, I could have driven the whole 10 miles down there... And my next couple afternoons are booked up. I could probably buzz down there Saturday a.m. if you want... text or call me, silly!

Thanks for the offers; I appreciate it, and apologize for not posting a response earlier.

MarkW went and looked for me last night. Basically, it's a $2000 XJ in $4000 clothing. Unless the folks want to come down substantially, my friend will probably pass. Now, to get someone to look at an even more expensive one in Grand Junction, CO...

David Bricker / SYR

Hit up Ryan (itscheesey). He was talking about a '99 w/231 for 2500 when he was by this afternoon.

If that's it's real picture, as opposed to a picture of when it was brand new, that's pretty clean!

My friend is looking for a pre-97, two-door, AX-15. I told him to add right hand drive, diesel, so that he is truly looking for a unicorn.

David Bricker / SYR

My friend is looking for a pre-97, two-door, AX-15.

David Bricker / SYR

Hi, my name is Tim, and I have more than one Jeep.

Your "friend" huh? I'm sorry to yank your covers but me thinks you have caught the dreaded Jeep hoarding virus and don't want to let on. It's OK David; its a disease; its not your fault. This is a safe place and no one here will judge you. We can't help you until you take that first step. I lived in denial for years even after I bought my MJ. N.A.X.J.A. was there for me then, and we're here for you now.

Thanks for letting me share.

Last edited:
I am glad to know I am in good company.

I only have one on the road, but I have two more in reserve.

I am trying to limit myself to white pre-'97s with AX-15s, but an AW4 snuck in somehow.

I wouldn't mind adding a two door or a Comanche to the picture either. Just don't ask The Bride about that.

Apparently, I'm still in denial, since this really is for my friend. Gomer is already eating me out of house and home, so I hardly need another money pit. If I want a second one, I can live vicariously through Noah's MJ.

The thought of getting one for home is interesting, until I realize that 90% of them back here are rusted hulks, and all there is back here is mud, and I hate mud.

David Bricker / SYR

My wife has limited me to one of each type of Jeep, and only one that is not running at a time. My budget to purchase Jeeps is the change in my pocket, so I only have 3 and won't be getting any more for a while unless someone know of a free CJ. I once had a 1994 2-door 2WD 4cyl AX-15, it was the opposite of my 4-door 4WD 6cyl AW4. I tried explaining that to her but she said "They are both white XJs".

Perhaps if you painted one of them black...

Back