• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Socket Roll Group Buy

Well, I got a response from Chris and he won't be receiving the socket rolls until Monday the 8th, so we are hosed on the distribution.

I will have to parts train these out to each of you.

We will have to figure it out on a case by case basis.

If Chris is willing to split up the order instead of shipping them all together, I can pick up mine from him directly. I can also take custody of Johnnie Walker's and deliver to him the next time I'm on the central coast. And if there's anyone else on the list from the LA area, I can take charge of distributing theirs. Let me know how I can help.

It sounds like Chris can split things up.

Next question is, what is the best way to split them up?

I think I am the southernmost outlier, RedHeep the easternmost (assuming Bricker's roll goes to D.V.) and Johnnie Walker the northernmost. I can't keep track of who is close to who or who regularly sees who in the greater Los Angeles or Orange County areas.

If Johnnie Walker is okay with waiting for Al's next trip north then that helps.

Are there any others that can be grouped together in the LA or OC areas?

Depending on when that falls, but if I can't make it and either Sean or Carol is going I can get it in their hands.

June 24-25 is Field Day (ham radio) and that is a priority for Varmint #1.

I will pester Geoff about setting a date for June so we can plan around something a little more substantial.

I will pester Geoff about setting a date for June so we can plan.
:roflmao:

:banghead:

It sounds like Chris can split things up.

Next question is, what is the best way to split them up?

I think I am the southernmost outlier, RedHeep the easternmost (assuming Bricker's roll goes to D.V.) and Johnnie Walker the northernmost. I can't keep track of who is close to who or who regularly sees who in the greater Los Angeles or Orange County areas.

If Johnnie Walker is okay with waiting for Al's next trip north then that helps.

Are there any others that can be grouped together in the LA or OC areas?
This is satisfactory.

Bricker's rolls can go to PSR, or get trained someplace, sometime.

David Bricker / SYR - PSR

@Markw - Nobody has them yet as I am still waiting to ship. Tom is getting things grouped up for me and then I can get them sent out. I did give 2 to Al to giveaway at SoCal Fest so at least two people will be able to chime in soon.

I don't remember who won those, but I anticipate that Geoff will be posting pictures of all the lucky raffle winners in the SoCal Fest thread soon.

I think David Bricker won one of the two.

I did win one. Haven't put anything in it, but construction appears sturdy.

Dark blue in color, elastic for sockets is quite stiff. Numbering is clear for the spots.

Noah will be in Hisparia on the 17th, if that helps get our train going.

I don't think we will be able to get these into anybody's hands that quickly, unless perchance it is Al who may be able to pick them up directly.

If someone is going to be headed from Al's neck of the woods to Hesperia, chime in. We will see what we can do.

I think for most of these we are looking at the June 10 AAT.

@David_Bricker - CONGRATULATIONS on winning one! Send me a pic if you can with you and SR and I'll put it up on the website (if you so desire). Yes, the elastic is stiff to start and that is why we recommend the 2-3 week break in period. This product actually gets better with time :) Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
Latest status, and delivery methods as known and as need to be filled in:

1. Anak—Deadbeat
2. Anak—Deadbeat
3. Nimrod--PAID, will pick up directly from Chis
4. Brick--PAID, will be picked up by Nimrod, handed off to Geoff and eventually make it to PSR
5. Lil' Brick--PAID, will be picked up by Nimrod, handed off to Geoff and eventually make it to PSR
6. Johnnie Walker—PAID, will be picked up by Nimrod and taken north by Nimrod
7. Redheep—PAID, will be shipped by Chris.
8. Redheep—PAID, will be shipped by Chris.
9. Karstic—Need payment and info.
10. Papercut—PAID, will be picked up by Nimrod, taken to AAT by either Nimrod or Geoff, and from there...?
11. Itscheesey—PAID, will be picked up by Nimrod, taken to AAT by either Nimrod or Geoff, and from there...?
12. Peterjford—PAID, will be picked up by Nimrod, taken to AAT by either Nimrod or Geoff, and from there...?

Numbers 1-8 I think I know how the Socket Rolls are getting all the way home. Numbers 9-12 there are still details to be worked out.

Please add information if you can.

Thank you all for your patience.

And a big thank you to Nimrod for being willing to pick all these up directly from Chris. This is how we are keeping shipping from being a problem.

Thanks Tom and everyone at NAXJA! I am in contact with Al right now and he should be swinging by soon to grab them. Looking forward to your thought and pics. Also, we still have about 2 weeks left on the campaign, so if you have anyone you want to get one for (Fathers Day coming up) now is a good time :)

Thanks again for the support!

I have our group order, 12 SocketRolls, in my possession. Thanks, Chris.

Tom, I'll see you at the AAT day.

Back