• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Fest 2013 Shirt - Design contest!

i doubt they're paying a whole lot more than $6/ea anyways, so that wouldn't have been worth it IMO. I'd rather pay more for a shirt without company logos on it anyways. I'm sure more than a few people feel the same way. Nothing against any company in particular, i just have enough shirts littered with company logos on them.

Also, like mentioned a few times In this thread I could have printed the flag design for the club. It would have been a whole lot cheaper then what you guys are probably are getting Charged now. Since I would have not charged for setup fees which is pretty much half the cost of doing a shirt order. And have accounts with all sorts of apparel company's to get hoodies, crew necks sweatshirts, girl and kid shirts at cost and not put a dime on that which most printers do. I guess there's always next time.

I offered up Professional graphic design work by a multi million dollar companys design dept.

The logos were the issue. With all the other stuff happening local BOD never sat down and had the talk about it, after that it would have then been proper to take it to national to get their rubber stamp on the idea (not likely an issue, just takes a bit of time).

Putting corporate logos on our product can be sticky, all it takes is one vendor that feels they were not given the chance for it to be a headache.

Next year we'll try to visit the logos idea earlier so we have more time and also so we're not busy dealing with other issues.

OPXJ2010, please PM me your contact info... I thought someone had already tried to get in touch with you last week... it's probably too late to use you this go-around, but we are hoping to do something like your flag concept in the future.

We're somewhat resistant to changing who makes up the event apparel -- We've been using the same printer for years, and the apparel and printing has all held up great, so it's a little scary to change suppliers.

I've personally seen well-worn early 2000's NAXJA event shirts where the screening is still in great shape, and I own other apparel that has had the screening cracking & peeling off after a year or two.

But that being said, we're also not set in stone, and I'd like a chance to talk to you about future orders...

OPXJ2010, please PM me your contact info... I thought someone had already tried to get in touch with you last week... it's probably too late to use you this go-around, but we are hoping to do something like your flag concept in the future.

We're somewhat resistant to changing who makes up the event apparel -- We've been using the same printer for years, and the apparel and printing has all held up great, so it's a little scary to change suppliers.

I've personally seen well-worn early 2000's NAXJA event shirts where the screening is still in great shape, and I own other apparel that has had the screening cracking & peeling off after a year or two.

But that being said, we're also not set in stone, and I'd like a chance to talk to you about future orders...

Shoot me a email [email protected].

Justin

The logos were the issue. With all the other stuff happening local BOD never sat down and had the talk about it, after that it would have then been proper to take it to national to get their rubber stamp on the idea (not likely an issue, just takes a bit of time).

Putting corporate logos on our product can be sticky, all it takes is one vendor that feels they were not given the chance for it to be a headache.

Next year we'll try to visit the logos idea earlier so we have more time and also so we're not busy dealing with other issues.

Well I cant recall exactly what year (Thinking 2011, but would have to look at my shirt at home to verify), We had I think 5 different Local So Cal vendors on the shirt. And that year was the best I can recall for raffle prizes and turn out, except maybe the year prior, in the last like 7 or 8?

There didnt seem to be any BOD issues or such about having RWK, Yukon, Dirtbound, Stinky fab, I think CTM, and maybe a few others, on the shirts then, but who knows.

maybe next year...

It would need to start earlier in the process...

Let us readdress the issue after the madness of SoCalFest has settled, please!

Well I cant recall exactly what year (Thinking 2011, but would have to look at my shirt at home to verify), We had I think 5 different Local So Cal vendors on the shirt. And that year was the best I can recall for raffle prizes and turn out, except maybe the year prior, in the last like 7 or 8?

There didnt seem to be any BOD issues or such about having RWK, Yukon, Dirtbound, Stinky fab, I think CTM, and maybe a few others, on the shirts then, but who knows.

maybe next year...

That project started quite awhile in advance and we had full creative control of the product. To lose creative control is the part that makes me nervous.

As for backlash I don't recall any that I was aware of but I wasn't quite as involved in the day-to-day chapter BOD business as I am these days.

It would need to start earlier in the process...

Oh come on, dont blow smoke... That's an excuse that's not valid. You can be honest and it will hold more credit.

I know I brought this up on jan 24th. As well as a new thread about it on Feb 13.

Now if it wasn't deemed a valid idea, so be it. I can FULLY live with that. And fully accept that. You wont hurt my feelings...

But to say that 2 months wasn't enough. That's not believable?

Believe it or not, I am NOT looking to advertise on the shirt, as I am about 99% sure that anyone at SoCal fest knows who RWK Haus Supply is or has heard of it. BUT for me to get Yukon to donate a air locker and some axle shafts and maybe a Spartan, well they Do want to see their name on something. But its like the for sale ad that says free tires, bring me a beer for payment. Its not that most any of us vendors want to advertise, but its more of the I will do something for you (and in a big way) and we just want to be recognized with a small token. Something Naxja does very little of, for us.

Shoot last year I think the biggest prize given out at SoCal Fest was a measly lil Spartan locker, that I brought Directly to the event for the raffle. I didnt ask for a banner, or shirt ad, or such. I actually Like to see free product given to the Off Road community. You can ask Many that are involved with Many other clubs and forums. I offer up Yukon product to anything off road related, in hopes to make this sport more fun and talked about in a fun way. Heck I even talked to Yukon and had them give a Yukon Grizzly locker to give to Kayle for a 20-30 person event he organized him self without any real event advertising etc. Just a bunch of good people and their desire to get a Yukon logo somewhere, so that Yukon would send them in my name a 600$ locker to give away.

There is alot more this Club could do, for the members. But it would take some desire and effort.

There are MANY companies out there that would give ALOT to this event and to the SoCal members in general during the year, if they were interested and made an effort to acquire products and services for SoCal.

I am not butt hurt at all, so please dont take it that way. I just think this event could be alot better for the Members, if the Nat BOD and / or SoCal BOD tried.

I will leave this alone now, as this isnt up for discussion now. But I just didnt want some lame excuse to go by as fact. Its not fair to the SoCal members.

Yes - very much looking forward to that design coming out on a shirt..

Oh come on, dont blow smoke ( this is something NAXJA is great at )... That's an excuse that's not valid. You can be honest and it will hold more credit.

I know I brought this up on jan 24th. As well as a new thread about it on Feb 13.

Now if it wasn't deemed a valid idea, so be it. I can FULLY live with that. And fully accept that. You wont hurt my feelings...

But to say that 2 months wasn't enough. That's not believable?

we just want to be recognized with a small token. Something Naxja does very little of, for us.

There is alot more this Club could do, for the members. But it would take some desire and effort.

There are MANY companies out there that would give ALOT to this event and to the SoCal members in general during the year, if they were interested and made an effort to acquire products and services for SoCal.

I just think this event could be alot better for the Members, if the Nat BOD and / or SoCal BOD tried.

But I just didnt want some lame excuse to go by as fact. Its not fair to the SoCal members.
minor editing ( removal ) but VERY well said

Back