• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Fest 2013 Shirt - Design contest!

Like I said guys. It's rough. I'm not going to spend hours on a finish product just to see it get scratched. I work on things in stages. When I get te green light then ill clean everything up. Little background on me. Not only do I screen print for a living I'm also a graphic designer. Keep shooting me ideas and ill see what I come up with.

J
i really like it as is. thanks for stepping up.

It would also help if the Russian Red Star could be left out.:roflmao::moon:

Why - commies run Cali anyways..

:soapbox:

FWIW, I'm really feeling the Cali flag based one (especially with the bear silhouette)..

Also remember guys, I can print these up for a killer price if you guys want. If not no worries. Who Ever is in charge shot me a pm and ill let you know what it would run.

I'm really going to try to make it out to this event. Avery is going to be doing surgery on my rig very soon. Haven't hit the trails since 07'. Way over due.

I'm really going to try to make it out to this event. Avery is going to be doing surgery on my rig very soon. Haven't hit the trails since 07'. Way over due.

Hope you can make it to the event.

SoCalFest 2013 Event Shirts available for order in the SoCal Store!! Men’s , Kids, and WOMEN’s shirts!!! Go to http://services.nicandjosh.com/naxjashop/ to order your awesome apparel NOW.
Please try to get your orders in ASAP, so I can be sure to order what’ll fit you. Get your orders in NO LATER THAN APRIL 15TH, PLEASE!!!!! If you’ll pick up your schwag at the event, choose “Local Pickup”. If you want your order shipped, it’s an extra $6.00

Art will be roughly based on the bear claw + XJ concept, being finalized this weekend.

what happened to the flag ish design? did we just get too cheap to pay for something we all wanted or did the so cal NAXJA bod decide what the people wanted didn't matter??? if it was the price there should have been an option to pay more for the better design.... ( and **** yes, it was a much better design!!!! ) people wonder why I am not more active on here and this is why..... over all if you aint in the click you don't matter, your opinion doesn't matter and the powers that be will make all decisions for you.... this isn't a club.... its a friggen B.S. website calling itself a club

Yes Troy, we're a group of power hungry narcissists who just do what we want.

The flag design came in well after the deadline; in fact it came in after I had already called the design project over and announced our sole design, the claw, as the winner in this very thread.

We may yet see the flag themed design in the future but not for this project.

Sometimes the BOD makes decisions on their own, that's why you hired them. It may appear that they're not listening to their people but generally there are good reasons, maybe you should try asking nicely first before going off on a dramatic tantrum.

Yes Troy, we're a group of power hungry narcissists who just do what we want.

The flag design came in well after the deadline; in fact it came in after I had already called the design project over and announced our sole design, the claw, as the winner in this very thread.

We may yet see the flag themed design in the future but not for this project.

Sometimes the BOD makes decisions on their own, that's why you hired them. It may appear that they're not listening to their people but generally there are good reasons, maybe you should try asking nicely first before going off on a dramatic tantrum.
Get Bent.... this is typical..... and I definitely did not vote for MOST of the BOD so cal or national.... when I ask nicely I get the same runaround as when I voice my frustration..... why didn't you post an announcement that the new and GOOD design was not in the running instead of letting it play out like it was still an option? just saying winner by default wasn't adequate, when the new design came on line you should have said that it was too late and put an end to the debate, instead it appears you wanted the person to do all the work and then take it for future use.... just saying what it looks like

Troy if you can get shirts made, maybe you can post up your design on here and we can order from you? If you did were able to make that happen I would order a couple. Like you I am not that thrilled with this years design.

my point I guess is they should have locked the thread when the decision was made, not dragging out the hopes for a good design that came up too late by not putting a stop to the design discussion, as usual, the powers that be wanted to see what they could get out of the populace all be it voluntarily and led the general peons like me on by not doing their job and locking the thread even though there was NO chance the new design would be used but they led on by not locking the thread.... just more false hope for good things from this "club"

Damn that flag design is bad ass. Maybe just make it for sale and get involved with other California chapters to sell it?

I don't feel that they had intended to lead us on. I'm pretty sure he said what design they were going with BEFORE the flag one was posted. They have deadlines to get this stuff to the tshirt guys or they have to pay expediting and whatnot. Now we have a good design for next year. big deal. I can see how locking the thread would have made it more obvious, but i don't think it's worth crying about. All that does is bring the moral down around here. A more constructive approach would be to step up and donate your time next year to organize the shirt detail.

There were other designs presented after the decision had been made. The other design can be used for other things but we had a deadline and there were not many options at the time of the deadline so a decision was made and the shirts were ordered. If there is a lot of interest in ordering the design that was presented after the deadline then we can look at doing a run of shirts based on that design as well.

The CA flag option will float later, I've been meaning to make a shirt that incorporated some of that design for some time now.

The flag concept can be used for a non-SoCalFest / non-Big Bear product. It seems logical to have something Big Bear themed for our event in Big Bear.

And we really do appreciate those folks who came up with ideas for this year's shirts, and sincerely hope that lots of folks will speak up earlier next year!

There's quite a lot involved in the "getting shirts made" process, and no one really stepped up with a design until way past when it really should've gotten taken care of.

If you want input on shirt design in the future, please chime in early with a design when ideas are first requested.

I'm just glad that this year's shirt isn't the same design as a previous year with new dates, or a shirt made by someone who knows they can't even make it to the event, because no one else would come up with a new design...

And women's shirts are also available, for a change. :clap:

If we'd gotten designs when we first started asking for them, we could have put them up for a vote and gone with the most popular. And folks whose choice wasn't picked would still complain, as would those who never voted, etc, etc. :rattle: That is how it always seems to work, at least... :tears:

The flag concept can be used for a non-SoCalFest / non-Big Bear product. It seems logical to have something Big Bear themed for our event in Big Bear.

And we really do appreciate those folks who came up with ideas for this year's shirts, and sincerely hope that lots of folks will speak up earlier next year!

There's quite a lot involved in the "getting shirts made" process, and no one really stepped up with a design until way past when it really should've gotten taken care of.

If you want input on shirt design in the future, please chime in early with a design when ideas are first requested.

I'm just glad that this year's shirt isn't the same design as a previous year with new dates, or a shirt made by someone who knows they can't even make it to the event, because no one else would come up with a new design...

And women's shirts are also available, for a change. :clap:

If we'd gotten designs when we first started asking for them, we could have put them up for a vote and gone with the most popular. And folks whose choice wasn't picked would still complain, as would those who never voted, etc, etc. :rattle: That is how it always seems to work, at least... :tears:

I do have to chime in here....

I offered up Professional graphic design work by a multi million dollar companys design dept.

I also offered up inside referral assistance to get shirts printed at a fraction of what I bet, years past has cost to get done.

Neither of which were even addressed once by Anyone!

SO instead of accepting Design assistance, and shirts for about 6$ ea, likely less due to the simplicity of what you settled for in design, this is what the Socal group settled on and gets.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make em drink, is exactly what I think happened here.

Not to mention a simple RWK Haus Supply or Yukon logo, Dirtbound, and I am sure a few others, would have given you a shirt that would have shown Naxja's support of those that Support naxja as well as about 3-4,000$ (or even more) MORE in raffle prices and free shirts, koozies, stickers, etc.... I know this portion is not at all something one person wanted here in So Cal, but it was never even brought up if the So Cal members thought it was a good idea? Or was it?

^^Yeah, how about that?^^

Back