• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Chapter Holiday Party - 12.11.10

OK, I'll bring 2 with me and show up early, 11:30ish

If possible, was wondering, if someone that lives semi-close to Brendan's place could let me and my g/f crash fri and/or sat nite? I live in Pismo, so it would be better as an overnite thing than having to drive back that nite. TIA,

If possible, was wondering, if someone that lives semi-close to Brendan's place could let me and my g/f crash fri and/or sat nite? I live in Pismo, so it would be better as an overnite thing than having to drive back that nite. TIA,

I am currently family-less, so there is plenty of floor space and a few beds that will be unoccupied.

Hey Peepz,

At the party, we will be doing some giveaways to paid members from equipment to schwag. Don't have to be present to win but you do have to be a member in good standing.

Hey Peepz,

At the party, we will be doing some giveaways to paid members from equipment to schwag. Don't have to be present to win but you do have to be a member in good standing.
Im a member but i dont know how good i will be standing!!!! LOL...

I'm planning on driving my daughter's car now--she has a nice fullsize sedan with cruise, so I'm stealing it for the drive up! I should be able to bring Troy & his daughter, my table, quite possibly OceanJet's table & ez-up if I can get by his place, and whatever other random stuff I need to bring (like the give-away goodies...).

I am currently family-less, so there is plenty of floor space and a few beds that will be unoccupied.
I think I'll have to take you up on that. Appreciate it.
See everyone this weekend.

Can everyone do me a favor and send me a pm if you're coming to the party (X Adults + X Kids)? I need to have a reasonably accurate count by Friday afternoon, so I can let Brendan know how much meat to buy!! Mmmmmmm Carne Asada!!!

If you forget to let me know, you're still welcome to come and join us, of course. But it will be easier to get the right amount of food if we have some fairly good idea of how many to expect.

It's bring your own alcoholic beverages, but we'll have sodas for kids and those who don't want to consume alcohol.

Thanks, and see you Saturday!!

Carol

Thanks to those who have been PMing me with your RSVP. See you all there!

Please bring an unwrapped toy for donation if you can.

Food is Carne Asada a la King (much better than Turkey a la King) tacos, beans, chips, salsa. I'll be bringing some desert stuff and sodas & water too. If any of you really wants to bring something to add to the feast, please feel free to do so.

I'll also be bringing the goodies for the "membership appreciation" raffle--which is for all paid members (not just ones at the party) in good standing (yes, Troy/Mr Overkill, we'll make an exception for you & pretend you're 'in good standing').

If you're not a paid member, by all means you're still welcome at the party! All are welcome party1: . However, if you have a crisis of conscience or craving for raffle eligibility, we'll have a computer with Internet connection there for any last-minute membership enrollments :D.

See you all Saturday!

Funny. So cannibals are welcome too huh? CRaZYY PartY

Damn that made me laugh, you guys... I'm glad Jackie's going to show up at the party with you!

Kyung, you going to be stateside or "over there"... you should know by now...?

Oh, and fair warning: I bought sodas today (Sha_sta, it was cheap). I did not buy any diet soda. If you want no-calorie drinks, I got a 35pack of bottled water.

I figure the soda's mostly for the (possibly few) kids that show, so I got Orange, Grape, Cola, Lemon Lime, and Dr Sh_asta. It's in cans, so what doesn't get consumed will carry over to SoCal Fest in May just fine.

If you have to have some particular variety of Coke/Pepsi/SodaX, please do that as your "BYOB" :).

And I put a _ in the soda brand name because if I type it out normally, apparently the letters "h a s t a" makes the "beating a dead horse" GIF show up, so it said I bought S(beating horse)... Shasta. :gee:

Last edited:
Anyone who can (and hasn't yet), please RSVP to me via PM before tomorrow afternoon (for accurate Carne Asada materials purchases!) , or better yet call or text me at six19 six54 nine758. Or you can email my (non-Internet) phone by sending a short (80 characters?) message to that same number "at" vtext dot com. So, if you ignore the random spaces, you'd send it to

61 96 54 97 58 @ vte xt. c om.

And if you decide to go at the last minute, get a hold of me on that same number... the meat place isn't far from Brendan's, and if we get a lot of last-minute folks (the more the merrier!), we'll just do another "meat run".

Thanks, and I'll see you all Saturday, I hope!!

Carol

Well, it'll be whatever kind of party you let it be... =).

Back