• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Chapter Director at Large Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Please enter your nominations for the two SoCal Chapter Director at Large positions now. As a reminder please contact the person you would like to nominate before doing so to ensure they are willing to do the job. Nominations can be submitted by any red-letter NAXJA SoCal member and must be seconded by another red-letter NAXJA SoCal member. The nominated party must then publicly accept the nomination in this thread.

Please see below for requirements, etc.

See this section of bylaws below:
Article IV, Government
Section 1, Board of Directors (BOD)
a. The Chapter Board of Directors shall consist of five Directors: President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer, and two (2) Directors at Large. The decision making authority rank flows in order as listed above, with President possessing the highest level. This authority rank is only applicable in decision-making circumstances where a Board of Directors vote is not feasible, such as during an Event.
b. Each elected office shall be held for a term of two (2) years.
c. Appointments, delegates, and committee positions may be held by any member, whether an elected director or not.​
Section 2, Director Job Descriptions
a. President: The President shall preside over all chapter activities, be present at official events where possible, be the executive officer and have the duty to carry out the policies and decisions. The elected President automatically becomes the Chairman of the Board, and will preside over all Board of Directors activities.
b. Vice President: The Vice President’s primary role is to be available if the president shall be incapacitated by illness, death, resignation, or recall.
c. Secretary/Treasurer: The Secretary/Treasurer shall have the care and custody of all Chapter funds. S/He shall collect and disburse all money on behalf of the Chapter. S/He shall keep records and accounting of the financial affairs and report their status as directed by the Board of Directors. S/He shall sign such contracts, documents or instruments in writing as required, and shall have such other powers and duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Board of Directors or as incidental to his/her office. S/He shall submit a detailed itemized report to the Board of Directors quarterly. In addition s/he shall be prepared to inform the BOD of available funds at any time upon request.
d. Directors at Large (DAL): The DAL positions will take part in BOD debates and vote on BOD motions.
e. All members of the BOD are able to author, second, and vote on motions and shall have access to the private SoCal Chapter Board of Directors forum.​
Section 3, Director Requirements
a. Candidates for office shall be NAXJA members in good standing for a minimum of one (1) year.
b. Director must remain a paid NAXJA member in good standing for the duration of term. Expiration of membership status for over thirty (30) days will be considered as resignation of director status.
c. Candidates are expected to be able to accomplish the tasks as described in the job description pertaining to their desired position, Article V, Section 2.​

After the two week nomination period there will be a one week voting period. Duties start as soon as the voting period is complete.

I nominate Mike "Grimmjeeper" for the position of Director at Large socal chapter.

I nominate Remi 'Kejtar' for the position of Director at large, socal chapter.

I nominate Mike "Grimmjeeper" for the position of Director at Large socal chapter.

I second the nomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back