• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so what's happining?

Rev Den said:
I have no idea who you are directing that question to, as I am DEN, not fing Dan.

I will be at the gate at 9AM Attica time, if you leave Chicago at 8 or 9 you will need to look for us...we may be anywhere by that time.

Rev

Sorry about that Dan thing... We'll be leaving Chi-town about 9-ish

Fuel90 said:
here's a few pics that we got from yesterday. had a great time.
Attica 11-20-04

Nice pics! I like the one of Scott holding his sausage, with the worried look on his face :D

lesslimited said:
I like the one of Scott holding his sausage, with the worried look on his face :D

That is a good pic ... :laugh3:

Fuel ... good pic of you coming up over the "steps"! You handled that like a pro ...

Good seeing everyone.

Les

We failed to find any of you on Saturday. Xtra-J blew out his shortside axle joint 40 minutes into our day down there; on one of the green trails too. Also did damage to the gears in the diff. Ended up leaving it down there at the shop for them to fix.

Went back today in my XJ to get stuff out of his jeep. Then spent the rest of the afternoon running on the green trails. Will try to post pictures of the blown axle and the trails we ran today.

Ran into some great people that invited us to join in on their run. One person from the run is on this board; from Warsaw, IN if I remember correctly. Will be back in two weeks to pick up Xtra-J's fixed jeep. Thanks to him and his friends for showing us around.

Had fun too, sort of. I couldn't "get" anything Sat. Plus my junk broke :(. On top of that the bars in IN won't let you in with your kid. Up here in WI that's no problamo. So I got to miss out on all the bar fun Sat evening.

Got a call from my wife at around 6:30 Sunday night. She went to OH to visit a friend of her's while I went and played at Attica. Anyway, she drove her Jeep all the way there and just got through downtown Milwaukee when her Jeep check engine light went on and the oil pressure went to 0. She pulled over right away and shut the car down. She called me and I told her to try and start it. No go. I had to go down to Milwaukee and strap her Jeep 40 miles home.

I checked the trouble code and it showed no cam position input into the computer. I pulled the oil pump drive (no distributor on '01) and sure as heck there were teeth broken off cam gear. Not on the cam itself but on the oil pump drive. So, no oil pressure and no cam position. I grabbed the one from her old motor and stuck it in. I followed the FSM steps to replace and fired up the motor. Now the motor is making noise and the oil pump drive wobbles while the motor runs (bent cam?). The good news is the motor is under warranty so I should get another for free. Bad news is I have to pull the motor and replace again :( :( :(. I'm thinking when I get the next motor in we'll be trading this POS in.

B-loose

Also wanted the mention that kid4life put on a great show at Purgitory. He did a great job of Gettin it. Good show!!!

And thanks to all who helped get my Junk going again. Funny thing is with all the beating my Jeep gets that's what my wife is driving until here babied Jeep is road worthy again.

B-loose

sorry to hear about all that bob. it was great seeing everyone. only damage i got over the weekend was 1 broken tooth and bruised forehead. a huge thanks to scott for picking me up and carting me around all weekend.

cheers,

jj

jjchgo said:
only damage i got over the weekend was 1 broken tooth and bruised forehead.
jj
You might want to add that Scott wasn't responsible for either. (just in case a certain banana colored pile is trolling)

It was a great day all around. I knew the gods were smiling when nothing broke on Purgatory but the best was yet to come. On the way back I was doing almost 80 and coming up on a Porche when I saw a county cop coming the other way. He did a U turn and hit the lights behind me. I started pulling over and he went around me and pulled over the Porche.
God loves Jeepers.

kid4lyf said:
It was a great day all around. I knew the gods were smiling when nothing broke on Purgatory but the best was yet to come. On the way back I was doing almost 80 and coming up on a Porche when I saw a county cop coming the other way. He did a U turn and hit the lights behind me. I started pulling over and he went around me and pulled over the Porche.
God loves Jeepers.

probably had more to do with you and cop having the same mustache ;)

cheers,

jj

jjchgo said:
probably had more to do with you and cop having the same mustache ;)

cheers,

jj
Ya know I seem to remember a movie like that; two mustached cops pull over a well endowed blond in a Porche. She'd do anything not to get a ticket...

Here is a picture of the axle my friend blew out on Saturday.

nfg3c

Here is one of my XJ from going back down on Sunday...

nfgk6

XJFang said:
Here is a picture of the axle my friend blew out on Saturday.

nfg3c

Here is one of my XJ from going back down on Sunday...

nfgk6

I passed that Green XJ on the way home Sun.
I was Northbound in the Black XJ with the tyre on the roof.
Glad ya had fun.

bgcntry72 said:
I passed that Green XJ on the way home Sun.
I was Northbound in the Black XJ with the tyre on the roof.
Glad ya had fun.

Yep, I remember seeing you, you live over in Indiana?

Yes, I had a good time; certainly made up for the day before with the blown axle.

kid4lyf said:
Ya know I seem to remember a movie like that; two mustached cops pull over a well endowed blond in a Porche. She'd do anything not to get a ticket...

"I'll pistol-whip the next guy that says 'shenanigans'!"

Back