• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So my headlights suck......

bizkit642

NAXJA Forum User
I haven't even looked at em. It's too damn cold out. Do you replace the whole assembly, or just a bulb?

Any recommendations to switch to?

-Andrew

you are going to get some weird light patterns out of those. post up some pics after you put them in.

bizkit642 said:
I haven't even looked at em. It's too damn cold out. Do you replace the whole assembly, or just a bulb?

Any recommendations to switch to?

-Andrew

dont mean to be rude but.......GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND AT LEAST LOOK AT THEM!!!!!

gill41083 said:
dont mean to be rude but.......GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND AT LEAST LOOK AT THEM!!!!!

Yup, rude LOL

After working 14 hours in the 20 degree weather the last thing I wanna go do is dick with my truck. Sorry.

-Andrew

don't get diamond cut. get some Autopal ecodes from ebay. i've had mine about 6 months and i love them. they are glass housings and you can just replace the h4 bulbs in them. huge difference over stock, i think i paid something like $30 for them.

either upgrade to h-4 conversion or(by the way it sounds that you havent looked at them), check em out and see if you have a head light out, i mean c'mon are you too stuborn to look at them and see what the problem is or do they really suck that bad? if they really suck that bad try to adjust them, stock ones work fine if they re adjusted ok, h-4 make it even better if adjusted properly, just think of it as if you were looking at the world cross eyed, if your head lights are cross eyed, then everything looks f'ed up,go get glasses and it fixes the problem, apply it to your rig, go get the lights alligned, or allign the lights your self, and tah'dah..... im not rying to be an ass hole, im just putting in my 2 cents, dont say "i havent even looked at them" and not expect to get laid into for not doing so! c'mon now use your head!!!! all in all make sure you have both head lights, then make sure they both point where they are supposed to. if they still suck then upgrade!

and dont blame the cold on it!!!!! i used to work year round in 10 below, i know how ya feel, it only takes a minute too look at them! not tryin to rip on ya brother, just tryin to help ya out without waisting money on some thing you dont need yet

To get any real benefit he'd have to upgrade the existing wiring (total overhaul). Atleast two separate relays for Hi/Lo and two fuse holders and some lengths of 12 awg. Then, the head lamps can be upgraded. Tis the proper way to do it, has been since the year of the new millenium.

Geeze people yes I have "looked" at them. They are both on. I haven't looked at them close enough to tell if it was a separate bulb you replace or the whole housing, thats all.

-Andrew

Another reason I say they suck is on my 2000, the headlights are fine, put off sufficient light.

My 98 just sucks, has for as long as I've owned it, but then again they are probably the factory lights so it could just be time for replacement.

-Andrew

Line drop in laymans terms refers to the voltage drop in the wiring regarding the lo beam circuit. For instance, if the voltage coming out of the alternator is 13.5 volts and the voltage at the headlamp plug is only 12 volts, it is safe to say that the line drop or voltage drop is 1.5 volts. This would equate to more than 10% less illumination.

Fer what it's worth- JP mag did a comparison test of six H4 head light conversion kits in the Oct. 2007 issue. Maybe they have a link to it on their site. Me, I put in Hella vision plus.

yeah but it wouldnt make that much of a differance, yeah they would suck when a newer car is coming towards you with brighter lights, but after that it should be fine

Back