• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so many clean cherokees for sale....

I thought Japan had a blanket 50K Km required throw-away law. Weird to see Japanese Jeeps with 90+KM over there. Must be something(else) I don't know.

I thought Japan had a blanket 50K Km required throw-away law. Weird to see Japanese Jeeps with 90+KM over there. Must be something(else) I don't know.

I thought that was something craiglist scammers used to justify ultra low prices on vehicles.

Do you think they are stock? They certainly look like it.

The US versions don't have the small side marker right above the fenders, do they?

Last edited:

Not exactly. You can keep and license a vehicle for as long as you want in Japan. The issue is the safety inspections standards are so prohibitively high that it's an expensive pain in the ass to maintain a vehicle in like-new condition for its whole life.

Why are the prices the way they are?

There's some really nice looking ones on there. Just not for 19 grand. :)

I want one just because they're RHD!

I know - and that's what I was referring to. Is not some bizarre stock option in China?

They are a remarkably good non-stock job.

I doubt they are stock. I think we would have seen them before. Either way its a good job.

There are sub-cultures of collectors in Japan. Most are aimed at USA stuff, cars in particular. There's a big Harley motorcycle one.

Back