• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So Kyung........what are these for???

Oh....the simpler days out at Los Coyotes Indian Res....
I need to build a full body too.

:D

I picked up my full body build on Sat. :)

I think driving a good running stock XJ is fun. :D

Oof. I better get wrenching. :D

I politely request permission to ride shotgun/bitch whenever anyone's buggy projects are finished =).

Hey... I always put out!! My credit card, that is :laugh3:. What kinda girl do you think I am??? Or have you seen those videos, too :gag:?? (Yeah, the ones of me driving Dave's buggy around last GoatFest with a exceedingly pleased look on my face!!).

Hey... I always put out!! What kinda girl do you think I am??? Or have you seen those videos, too :gag:??

Oh YOU know what kinda girl you are.. That's what I like about you.:spin1:

Tee hee!!! <shy look>

what the average wheel base on buggys like this and other competition buys?

Hard to say, no magic number. But, I would guess that most rock buggies have a wheelbase of 103-108". Just my own guess, based on western rock terrain and comp buggies. Some of the eastern and southern rigs are longer.

Hard to say, no magic number. But, I would guess that most rock buggies have a wheelbase of 103-108". Just my own guess, based on western rock terrain and comp buggies. Some of the eastern and southern rigs are longer.

F Toys are about 120"

That's ridiculous. 101 always worked for me :D. But I suppose if I was running 38's-42's I'd be more inclined to be in the 105, 106 at most 108.

90% of the F-Toys run 37s and they are [gulp] amazingly capable vehicles.

True that... you're a perfect example, Mike!! Though your Jeep's pretty darn capable, too!

Who needs an amazingly capable vehicle when you're an amazingly capable driver?

:eyes:

That is what people who don't have buggies say. :cheers:

F-Toys are supposed to be the 'budget' buggy amongst the buggy world with significant limitations in equipment to keep them priced low and affordable. Compared to the high dollar buggies, F-Toys are amazingly competitive in regards to capability in the rocks (just low powered).

I'm sitting at 110" and so far i couldnt be happier with it. Over the last few months i have wheeled with quite a few shorter buggys and there has definately been more than one occasion where the slightly longer WB has helped me.
I know there will be situations or certain obsticles where something shorter (and narrower) will work better, but for me at 110", 84" track width and 22" belly clearance on 42's, its feeling good so far.

Back