• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, I was at the dealership today................

That's a total insult to all the old Eagles.

You never know, this video has it farther off road than mine '98 has ever been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvSlfCAFDW8

I have a hard time imagining the market research that gave that design the go ahead. I also have a hard time imagining why anyone would want anything more than the simplist electronics in a rig to be taken into the boonies.

I don't know on the styling either and have to agree with the electronics. It would have been nice if they could build a more Wrangler like SUV with more basic electronics and solid axles without having to buy that tank of a 4dr JK. If they could keep it in the 3500-4000lbs range, and do something to give it the on road manners of our XJ's. The 3.6l Pentastar has more than enough power for just about all of our needs (trust me, it's almost too easy to roast the front tires on my 200) and that 8 speed should give it a fantastic crawl ratio when combined with the Rubicon transfer case and 4:11 gears.

Last edited:
I don't know on the styling either and have to agree with the electronics. It would have been nice if they could build a more Wrangler like SUV with more basic electronics and solid axles without having to buy that tank of a 4dr JK. If they could keep it in the 3500-4000lbs range, and do something to give it the on road manners of our XJ's. The 3.6l Pentastar has more than enough power for just about all of our needs (trust me, it's almost too easy to roast the front tires on my 200) and that 8 speed should give it a fantastic crawl ratio when combined with the Rubicon transfer case and 4:11 gears.

IN!

the US automakers are going all euro on us, it's not just jeep being bought by fiat. look at the 2015 mustang mach 5 concept for craps sake:

2015-mustang-concept-hd-k6baq7wg.jpg

the US automakers are going all euro on us, it's not just jeep being bought by fiat. look at the 2015 mustang mach 5 concept for craps sake:

It literally has old Aston parts on it.....ffs!

That actually looks pretty sexy to me, carries out their new Aston-Martin-ish grill while still looking like a Mustang yet not be a Mustang II. Same for the Motor Trend and Car and Driver artist renderings I've seen recently.
mustangredfront-970x0.jpg

car-and-driver-magazine-december-2013-cover-toc-inline-678-541-photo-548827-s-original.jpg

Not sure about the IRS the car is getting though. Hell, I'm still getting used to the IRS on my 200, it's the only so equipped vehicle I've spent much time behind the wheel of.

Well, when looking at something like that "jeep", the old adage comes to mind--"Shave its ARSE and drive it backwards..."

Found this on ALLPAR tonight, apparently MOPAR is already gearing up accessories for these things............

cherokee.jpg

Can't rebadge anything other than intake and exhaust for the 200 and Avenger, but they're gearing up with goodies for a vehicle that is barely on the road:smsoap:

JP mag did a big article on it. They took it through MOAB. No transfer case, rear locker can only be engaged in Lo. This is on the TrailHawk model, still ugly

Back