• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, how fast have you gone?

150 in a supercharger Acura Integra GSR... then the whole car shimmied like we hit rumble strips when he touched the brakes... you can bet the next upgrade was the brakes, which didn't seem to help cuz he cut the car in 2 on a telephone post last year. luckilly he hit it just right that he only had a concussion, and a bruised and cut up body, and only broke his arm- after seeing the car, i don't know how he lived... that made his 3rd car totalled, no more driving for him (state says) first totalled was a 96' Maxima, then a 98 Audi A4...f-ing dumb#@!... And my ex-boss just got some record for hitting (201-203 can't exactly remember) and some change in the 1/4 on his modded Busa', but that' what he does... he has a Busa' that is all engine but has built 2 turbo busas' that both put out about 310 hp, running 16psi from turbos off a mitsubishi eclipse... what's the point? 310 hp in a 450lb chassis...you do the damn math!!!

Last edited:
I've done 105 in my moms taurus, with the 200 hp 24v dual overhead cam (very quick car) i know it redlines at 115 but i backed off the gas. The fastest would be my go kart at about 120. Got the same brigs block as most of you guys' mower/ roto tiller. :) I got a few pics of it but i dont really know how to post pics yet hee hee :-/

StuckXJ said:
I've done 105 in my moms taurus, with the 200 hp 24v dual overhead cam (very quick car)

Are you serious? :huh: I had the misfortune of having to drive one of those all weekend, a 2003 SES. Its not anywhere close to anything I'd consider quick. I think my XJ can give it a run for its money if not beat it.

3 G's in the recliner. :greensmok

rolled odo's on both xj's, 145 (for a long time) in altima on way to moab, 118 on speed governer 3 hours across wyoming in 98 camry, 160 ish zx9r, etc, etc, etc...

the quickest thing i've driven was an 04 srt-10 viper that i installed nitrous/propane system in with a 275 shot. that was a ride. the fastest i've driven was 148 in a venom gts acr car. the scary thing is it was I85 north at 9:30 am opposite rush hour traffic but still a little crowded for that kind of speed.
i would love to drive a RUF porsche.

Mach 2+ in the Concorde and close to that in an F111. I worked on the design team for the terrain following radar for the F111 before most of you were born.

Back a few years back, my (now) wife and I were coming home from..bowling in my resto/custom 79 Mustang. A friend of mine and his girl were following us in his very modded 87 Mustang GT. Mine had a Boss 302 with a Holley 500 2bbl pushing about 325hp on a good day, his a Edelbrock everything 5.0 HO pushing about 400. I called him on the cell and challenged him to a top speed contest (it was 230am on an open stretch in Suffolk, VA) His 140 speedo went back around to 0 and we were still pushing it, me nowhere nearing redline. His radiator hose blew when he downshifted to gain some distance on me and revved to 7500, I was nearing 4000. We probably were going about 165 when we let out because of the huge plume of smoke behind him. Last time I drove like that.

Hmmmm, I had my heep up to about 75....once....fastest car I've ever driven was a 74 Ford LTD - unmarked car, had a 460 in it, I got it up to 115 once, I suspect it could have done more with a better driver. (I bought it used w/ 235,000 on it so it was a teeny bit tired...)

1983 Pinninfarina (Fiat Spyder)
Racing a Celica Supra between Denver and Boulder, I got it to around 125.
The Supra was WAY behind, and I wasn't wound out yet. No idea what the top end on that thing was. :gag:

ive gotten my XJ to 100+ (the speedo said 99)
31's stock 3.55 gears stock speedo gear... i'd say i was doing 108-110
thing feels like its gona fall apart at that speed

86 XJ 2.5, 105 calculated by RPM and ratios. Blew engine doing this for an extended run, like you could get it that high without an extended run.

97 TJ, @ 105 also, get there quicker, and lots more exciting w/ lift, 32" Swampers and no sway bars, but probably wouldn't do much more, something about aerodynamics.

90's Chevy van, @ 110 and as someone else said, floating an a cushion of air, more scary than the TJ. Also this one did tremendous burnouts!!

Also got the wifes 2.7 Intrepid up around 110 but bitching was louder than the wind roar so I backed off. I'll have to try that one again, alone; it was still pulling pretty hard.

Soooo irresponsible!!!

Brian

used to have a 86 300zx turbo. found out the t-tops started to wistle about 105. took it up to 120-125 one night. not real fast, but didnt want to go anyfaster, cause it was snowing and i was in bear country....had bad visions of hitting a bear at over 120! it was still pulling strong at 125, though. i know the factory tested them to over 160. Gawd i miss that car!

110-ish in various xj's.
145 on a VFR750 somewhere in Arkansas.
160 on a race prepped CBR600F2 testing my engine assembly work.
Scariest was 135-140 according to rpm, gear, and tire size, in a CJ-5 on 33's.

Second scariest was on the CBR600 right after I stopped it and realized I almost ran out of road. This was at old Stapleton airport on a north-south runway, VERY close to where the runways passed over I-70... and the bridges had just been blasted. :)

About 110-120 down the straight while lapping at Laguna Seca in a Formula Ford ... hit a squirrel that ran out on the middle of the track as I exited turn 1, or maybe it was turn 2 ... I can't remember exactly.

If you know the ground clearance on a FF ... the varmit was cut in half when it came into contact with the nosecone. Had fur all over the cocpit.

Back