• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow Wheeling?

Mormon

It is prohibited to go all the way to 88 hwy, it is a snow park, you can not go past certain intersection, forgot the cross-road name.

Check out the forest service web site.

I am down for snow wheeling! I won't be able to travel north though. If anyone wants to hit the Fresno area trails, let me know! I will be in our old CJ7 with open diffs, 31" tires, and a winch. Rose might have her stock JK out too.

I used to do a new years run every year. Maybe Ben and I can do a little run mid january?

It's your thread Matt, so you pick a date that works for you.
The 2nd and 3rd could be a fun new years hang-over/first of 2010 run!! Still have to check with my boss if I can get out, but I will work on it.

I think it depends on the snow levels, if it is all the way down to Polock Pines (about 5000 ft) then Ice House road up to the Rubicon would be kind of scary with that big drop off and the snow levels up there would be too deep to even make it to Loon. I have had some great times on Mormon Emigrant Trail but if the snow levels are high it might not be worth it. Both are right off of 50, so we could run one or the other, but I am open to running almost anything.

im on 35mtrs. im down for the 2nd and 3rd.nver been snow wheeling.ive got friends who just found that road while going snowboarding. hes got aranger on 31s and he has been back several times recently.

I am down to do some snow wheeling, I have been wheeling in the snow all week just to get to work, If you all are thinking to wheel Reno i know lots of trails & i also know some of us from RENO4x4.com that would love to join. I will be in San Jose (Man Jose)
for XMAS so i will not be in town at that time.

Some snow wheeling would be cool. Need to fix the Jeep as wheeling a two wheel drive all week up here in Reno on snow covered roads has been sketchy - but fun. 33's locked f/r - when all is working.

Some snow wheeling would be cool. Need to fix the Jeep as wheeling a two wheel drive all week up here in Reno on snow covered roads has been sketchy - but fun. 33's locked f/r - when all is working.

Yea, I am locked in the rear & it is very fun in the ICE....

I am down for snow wheeling! I won't be able to travel north though. If anyone wants to hit the Fresno area trails, let me know! I will be in our old CJ7 with open diffs, 31" tires, and a winch. Rose might have her stock JK out too.

I used to do a new years run every year. Maybe Ben and I can do a little run mid january?

And just like that how fat is it to have Matt S. back? This chapter went from almost dead to looking like we have 1 if not 2 runs comming up in the first month of 2010!

This run of Starboard M's is pulling the people out of the grave!

On a side note we need more runs here, if you and your friend are going out and want to make fun . . . errr I mean have others come with you, just post up when and where!

Or if you are thinking you want to run something but have never been and would like someone that has been there to join you post it up!

There is alot of Sierra Chapter people here, we some of the best trails in the world in our chapter. I think we could have 2 to 3 good runs a month, with all of the OHV parks and all the great trails in our area.

Now Starboard M . . . when and where? <field of dreams voice> if you plan it . . . we will come!
(sorry I am going to be VP so...)

Since I will be in Fresno from January 1st until.... a long time, I will try to help with some runs. They are easy to plan, just go wheel!

There is a group of us going to Eagle Lakes Jan 1 through Jan 3. Camping at the staging area the first night, and on from there. So far i'm the only XJ, but if anyone is up for it, theres plenty of room. I'm going to help pull all the stuck yota's out LOL

If this Unofficial Snow run falls through, my XJ and my buddy's YJ will roll up for the day(2nd).. i promised the kids i would take them somewhere. what channel are you folks going to be on? Thanks

ch31....from what it sounds like, were camping in the staging area most of the time. There are a few stock rigs going, so we probably wont get to far in. There is over 4 feet of snow now and more on the way.

I'll be blazing trails through it beginning friday at noon. Most of the group will be arriving friday afternoon so we will have more info then. We were up there in January of this year and there was about 5 feet, but it was real icy and packed. I'm expecting vastly different conditions. There are at least 3 of us with winch's so getting stuck will be half the fun.

Took the kids up to Cisco Grove today to do some sledding and there was plenty of snow above 5000 feet. didnt venture into the campgrounds since i was on my way back and the little ones were already asleep.. The snow will be icy since its melting.. Good Luck blazin!!

Back