• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow Run 12/18/04

I think your wife liked to play on the slide also :laugh3:

The old Stevens pass hwy goes up a little further past the train track, then theres a foot bridge across a wash out.
Theres some nice views from the South side of Skykomish, if its not gated. Theres one spot overlooking Skykomish, and you can see mt Glacier and see down the Sky river valley. Its at a communication site, About 5000'.

Do I detect a Volunteer Guide??

Hey Michael! Looks like I got the registration thing straightened out!

XJourney said:
I think your wife liked to play on the slide also :laugh3:

Ya, she had a big smile going there.

I am debating my lift today. I just can't make up my mind what way to go.

Randy's has their 3" springs for 100.00, but they also have a sale on their 4.5" springs for 100.00. The best price on the RE Superflex 3.5" with full leaf packs I have found is 470. 250 for a Superride AAL. One salvage yard I called wants 130 for the set of Dakota leafs.

JMotorsprt said:
Ya, she had a big smile going there.

I am debating my lift today. I just can't make up my mind what way to go.

Randy's has their 3" springs for 100.00, but they also have a sale on their 4.5" springs for 100.00. The best price on the RE Superflex 3.5" with full leaf packs I have found is 470. 250 for a Superride AAL. One salvage yard I called wants 130 for the set of Dakota leafs.
I have the picture - If I could post, I would show you...

Yea the one thing you think about is that it costs alot more to go 4.5 inches then 3 inch. Like Mike said you can do 3" with only front springs and a rear aal. Plus with 3" you probably can get away without a SYE.

And $130 seems steep for dakota springs

KC7BUR: So by saying foot bridge are you saying we can't drive across using the old Stevens pass highway. But we can go up from the Skykomish side?
Or am I confused :wierd:

Yes Mr-sniggley we see you loud and clear

Yes, the difference in price between the 3" and 4.5" lift will be significant. Trackbar, SYE, Drivshaft, break lines, etc, etc. Stick with the 3" lift

Can not wait to see pic's!!

Yes, I would be more than happy to trail lead again, Maybe that way I can go up farther:) I am up for either the same trip again in Jan or maybe stevens pass old hi way.

Michael

You might have to arm wrestle me for lead position :sunshine:
Alright I guess I can share.
Yea we actually drove up another 50 yards after you guys lost sight of us.

I tried to send you pics last night, but they wouldn't go throught(too big). I will try again tonight. If not, I will send them from work.

Well after christmas lets get another one planned for Jan.
Hans

Hans,
I found out that the Diagnostic reader you have is supposed to work on all vehicles from 1996 and up. What brand is yours? I am thinking about pricing them out online. Very convenient to have.

Thank you.

As soon as I can get Michael's(sp?) e-mail address, I will try to download the pics and video footage I was able to take. I need to find my software to lighten some of them up.

After a flat tire I had on my wife's Van the other day, I am debating getting a compressor to mount in the Jeep. Maybe something like the Quickair 1 that is usable for up to 31" tires. Then add an air tank down the road to help the load.

Any input or feedback?

Jason

JMotorsprt said:
Hans,
As soon as I can get Michael's(sp?) e-mail address, I will try to download the pics and video footage I was able to take. I need to find my software to lighten some of them up.

After a flat tire I had on my wife's Van the other day, I am debating getting a compressor to mount in the Jeep. Maybe something like the Quickair 1 that is usable for up to 31" tires. Then add an air tank down the road to help the load.

Any input or feedback?

Jason

Yes the e-mail is [email protected] I tried to e-mail you along with everyone else but yours came back??

Quickair's or Viair's (not sure of either spelling) are both good units. I know there are several differences in sizes and such. Any unit will do fine, except as you get larger tires it will just take longer to fill up (at least you can fill up) better than having to follow me on every trip:)

Looking foward to Jan, I think I will bring the wife and kids this time also, we will see.

Michael

2xtreme said:
Yes the e-mail is [email protected] I tried to e-mail you along with everyone else but yours came back??

Any unit will do fine, except as you get larger tires it will just take longer to fill up (at least you can fill up) better than having to follow me on every trip:)

:roflmao:

Air Compressor? Or CO2 tank? Where would we get a Co2 tank filled? Sorry for the stupid question.

E-mail:
[email protected]

Personally I like the air compressor over the CO2 tank. But both have their advantages. C02 you would get from any welding supply store.

I will try that address. It is slightly different than what I have written down.

Thanks,
Michael

So did you guys make it over the 63/ 65 loop? (The pass)?
The old Stevens pass hyway is now the Iron Goat trail. I believe only foot access now, maybe mountain bike. I have old photos of buddies and me snow wheeling on the old hiway before it was blocked off. The road to the South is forest road 68, it goes up to the top of Sobieski mnt, about 5000'. There is a spur road that leads to a lower commo site below Sobieski, about 4000'. The 6830 along Tonga ridge is cool in the Summer, it overlooks Hwy 2, good dispersed camp spots up there.
When we lived in Monroe I was off work for 11 months due to an injury, but not injured enough to keep me from cruizing the local forest roads.
Stop in at the Forest service office in Sky and get a District map. Have a compass.

'89 Laredo 3" 225 X 15's. ( yup, so my chains fit).

'02 Kawi KLR 650, ('nuff said)

Back