• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow Run 12/18/04

Yea we are still planning on going.
I think that we have 3-4 rigs going
Mine
2Xtreme
JMotorsprt
Smallxj?

Anyone else?

We all want to meet at Denny's?
could someone post driections to Denny's?

Last edited:
I will be there, just let me kow which Denny's and what time (I assume Monroe?)

I will probably have another xj with me also, he is a naxja member but not active on the web.

Michael

Alright we are meeting at Denny's at 9:00am on Saturday. It is right alone the Highway 2
Address is:18824 State Route 2, Monroe

If you are going to be late or are having trouble you can ring my cell at 1(360)220-6265

So, how is the snow up there? Anyone attempting to bring sleds? I don't think we will have enough room on our XJ. I will be there, I am still trying to coax my cousin. He was scheduled to work on Saturday.

Sounds great. I will have my xj and a friend will also be bringing his xj. None of either of our kids are coming though.

There should be plenty of snow up there and I would plan on bringing chains as well as sleds. But either way we will have plenty of fun. I will bring a couple of saucer sleds that I have.

See you guys in Monroe at Denny's.
Michael

been there 6 times this month and part of last month. i know how to get there easily. depends if i show up if i can get the lockright in up front and it put back together by this weekend. its real easy to get there. you can follow reiter road all the way down to the town of index. go over the bridge and hang a left. follow that up and you might come up to a road closed sign. it means nothing and just go around it. keep on going up and eventually you will come to area where theres alot of ways to get lost its a area where theres side roads to go. take the first right when you get to this area. pretty much like a U turn it, leads all the way to the top. nothin fun up there and nothing to wheel just alot of snow and a major cliff to the left.

ill get back to you guys if im able to go.

Paul,
Thanks for the info. That is the place that I have been to in the past then. I know how to get there also.

Michael

My cousin is out, but I will be there with my wife and boys. Denny's at 9:00. Headed to bed soon if I plan to get up north that early. I usually don't get up for work until 11:00.

Not a problem on the info

im sorry fellas but im not able to make this snow run. the 9" and 44 gear setup is setting me back alittle.

have fun and get some pix.

No problems on not being able to make it this time Paul. I am pretty sure we will be going again soon.(Jan) You won't have to twist these guys arms to go again. Everybody had a great time, plus we had great weather and great snow. And of course we had a great bunch of guys, kids, and gal.

Hope everyone made it home safe, especially you Mike, with your trip home from NWfest and that your jeep was shedding parts even before we hit the snow. :laugh3:

We have pics and will post them later

Thanks to: Mike, Scott, Mark, Andie, Jason and his family.

PS Sorry no breakage for you guys, just a stuck throttle, lost mudflap, check engine light, and a flat tire.

Oh Jason did your check engine light ever come back on? I forgot to ask you.

Last edited:
I will have you know I made it all the way home with nothing broken (and the mud flap is already fixed and back on the jeep) :)

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful time. I am definietly up for it again around the January time frame. We can put some dates together after the holidays.

Who got the flat tire? When? Did I miss all of the fun?

Scott did make it home but his oil pressure was dropping fast. Not sure of the all of the detials yet, hope everyone else made it home safely.

I will put all of our info together soon, I do not know who started the NAXJA North West list of people but you might want to add any of these names to that master list? Just a thought.

Michael

Mark got a flat before the day even started.

Finally made it home around 10:00 and the whole family fell asleep in front of the fireplace.

Once the "Check Engine" light was cleared, never had another problem. Looks like it was the altitude issue.

Thank you all. It was nice to find out that the local XJ owners are such a nice group. On the way home I figured out why it felt a little awkward at times. I work with people that are overly self centered. For our family, it was a great first experience to teach us what issues we need to handle.

Speaking of issues...

Dakota Leaf packs - Does it matter if the rig it 2 or 4wd? Are they rated any different.

Will start to save pics in the next 24 hours.
Thank you
Jason

No it doesn't matter whether the dakota is 2wd or 4wd. They are the same leaf spring just that the 4wd is a spring over and the 2wd is a spring under.
You need 87-96 Dakota rears. the newer the better. As far as rating there are 3 and 5 leaf packs if Im not mistaken. I got the 5 leaf pack and that worked great for me. Oh and don't forget longer U-bolts

Glad your check engine light didn't come back on. :repair:

Yea they are a bunch of great guys that think of the group first and themselves second :sunshine:

Longer U-Bolts? Off of the Dakota? Or at a Hardware/Auto parts store? Eventually, could blocks or an Add-a-leaf be used with the Dakota springs down the road?

I forgot to ask? I have read about using the ZJ springs on the XJ. We were discussing using the 3-3.5" springs or spacers. With all of the good stuff I have heard about RE, I have that engraved in the subconcious. If not RE, what other springs would be recommended to use?

I don't know if I will have enough Leave Time saved up by January to run back up, but my cousin wants to come along. My oldest son and Danielle are interested in heading up next month.

Thank you guys.

Most definetly a great group of people to go wheeling with!! I have enjoyed every event. We just need more of them. With time this will continue.

As far as the U-bolts go, it is best to get new ones, you could probably get away with the ones off the Dakota but they are usually not designed to be used more than once. Yes, you can always add other AAL's, stock leafs, blocks, or longer shackles down the road to increase/decrease height and load capability. I do not know much about the grand cherokee rear springs but I would not expect much lift out of them, maybe just stiffer spring rate (more load capacity).

For the front I would recommend any 3" lift coils (you can put spacers in later if you want them). RE is good, Rusty's is good, just about anything will be very comperable to each other for the front coils. Look out for a used set on NAXJA people are always upgrading from 3" to go higher. Should be able to pick them up for about 1/2 price compared to new.

We will look into some dates for Jan and Feb so that we can get another snow run in or two. The more the merrier. I was thinking for a little different run we could try the old stevens pass highway (just a little higher up the pass than we were this last weekend). Reasonably flat, probably tons of snow I am just not sure how far it goes or if it goes all the way over the pass or not anymore. Other ideas are always welcome also.

Thanks for a great time,
Michael

I am good for Jan and Feb minus Feb11-13 I will be in Leavenworth on a romantic weekend with the wife. :kissyou:

The old steven pass highway sounds good to me. But is there any landslides to crawl over. :wierd:

Back