• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow/Camping run to Snoqualmie?

Whats the current status on the plans?

Weather report says snow: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USWA0413

I can safely say there's going to be at least 2 feet on the ground at highway level. If you are talking about going to the spot I think you're talking about going to, may have a rough time of it.

F*&% it, I'll go.

Marine buddy of mine is waffling...he want's to know if anyone is bringing a goat. If not, I'm sure he can get it taken care of.

Yeah, the plan is to hit the super secret overlook spot, or die trying. :)
I may make a go of it on Friday just to scout it out or even stay the night and then just drive down to pick everyone up on Saturday. I'm going regardlesss of head count.

A goat?

Sent him the link to the post. Something about goats being warmer than fire? I'm not sure, he's been to Iraq, he picked up some habits :D

I can make either/or/both. Either way, you got brass ones, I tried that run during May and made it about 30 feet :smsoap: Granted, the snow was pure slushy-mess - I guess the hope would be that its frozen somewhat this time of year.

Was at Kachess in mid January and it was fine/frozen going in, crap coming out...and that's with almost zero ascent either direction. It'll be an adventure, that's for sure.

I'm most likely going, probably not for the night though.

Rich, I get out of class at 9 am tomorrow and could head out with you around 12 or so to play maybe earlier.

I'm most likely going, probably not for the night though.

Rich, I get out of class at 9 am tomorrow and could head out with you around 12 or so to play maybe earlier.

Let's do it!!! I love recon missions. :)

Sent him the link to the post. Something about goats being warmer than fire? I'm not sure, he's been to Iraq, he picked up some habits :D

I can make either/or/both. Either way, you got brass ones, I tried that run during May and made it about 30 feet :smsoap: Granted, the snow was pure slushy-mess - I guess the hope would be that its frozen somewhat this time of year.

Was at Kachess in mid January and it was fine/frozen going in, crap coming out...and that's with almost zero ascent either direction. It'll be an adventure, that's for sure.

I made it up to the hill climb/overlook in my work truck back in November. :)
I had to dig myself out, but hey, it was still fun.

I made it up to the hill climb/overlook in my work truck back in November. :)
I had to dig myself out, but hey, it was still fun.

Hah :yelclap:

That inspires some confidence. I'm just thinking there's going to be a shit ton of snow. Recon would be a good idears.

Who else is in for a recon mission on Friday? I'll most likely be staying up there.

Looks like my buddy Chris is in.

Now we just gotta decide if we want to do Friday or Saturday. Its a bit of a drive for me, so it would be the suck if we couldn't make it to the top!

Sounds good. I'm gonna have to get extra firewood and ammo before North Bend so lets meet at the Chevron/Shell there at the first exit.

Sounds good, I will be stopping in Sammamish early to pickup my buddy and grab ammo and winter boots out of the garage, will give ya a call.

Will throw some extra firewood in the back as well.

I have 3 boxes of 12g and need to get a few more from WCA in the morning to be safe. I'm working tonight so I'll be rush-packing in the AM to get all my gear ready, get to the fun-liquid store and grocery store, and pick up the wood. But I should be able to get there right around 12.

Back