• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SMOG LEVELS NOx

corbinafly said:
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I haven't been getting all my email notifications.
Anyways... My NOx reading was 1262 with max allowed of 517.
After the cooler plugs it was 296.

By the way, I first thing I did was change my cat also even though the HC and CO levels were way below average and the NOx actually went up more.

Kyung
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17221<see this thread and lose the bosch plugs

majic_tech said:
Well it doesent have an ignition problem or mechanical shortcoming at all judging by the hc.(but it soon will as i said before bosch standard platinums arent worth a dime , see plug thread)And the co doesent seem excessive if this is loaded on a dyno .I would say the converter is shot. one more question do you have the o2 measurement by chance? If the oxygen content is excessive it also indicates poor converter performance ( it has to use up most of the oxygen in the process of burning off the pollutants) Just went back and read all the thread and Id say with 130000 and what youve already done combined with the gas readings replace the converter and lose the bosch plugs and youll be good to go. And please by all means post your results I have a good reputation to uphold .........
O2 is located before the cat.

Back