• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smileys don't show up

jeeplas

NAXJA member #936
When I post to a thread the smileys don't show up to the right of the text box. Seanr uses the same computer and they work just fine for him. What's up doc?

87CherokeeChief said:
they dont show up for me either...???
They show for me just fine.

What browser and os you using? What about if you hit the F5 key?
Glenn

Glenn said:
They show for me just fine.

What browser and os you using? What about if you hit the F5 key?
Glenn
Tried the F5 key, no difference. It shouldn't matter what browser I am using. Seanr is using the same one that I am on now and the smileys work for him.

jeeplas said:
Tried the F5 key, no difference. It shouldn't matter what browser I am using. Seanr is using the same one that I am on now and the smileys work for him.
ok then.

seanR said:
:rattle: :wave1: :yelclap: :cheers: :dunno: :jester: :dunce: :huh: :party: :spam: :smootch: :geek: :badpc: :woohoo: :wierd: :nosmile:

What smileys?
Exactly. None exist. LOL

If people refuse to give info that helps me troubleshoot their problem with their computer.... I will not help. :lecture:

jeeplas said:
OS is Windows XP Home Edition
Browser is Explorer
Now we are getting somewhere. :)
What version on Internet Explorer?

Are you seeing just a blank area? or Red X's?

Do you see the "more" link at the bottom of the smilie window? If so, what happens if you click on it?

Do you block or allow Java?

See, the more information you provide, the easier it is to offer solutions on how to fix *your* pc, as it is not a forum or server issue, the problem is on your end. Information is king. :)

Glenn said:
Now we are getting somewhere. :)
What version on Internet Explorer?

Are you seeing just a blank area? or Red X's?

Do you see the "more" link at the bottom of the smilie window? If so, what happens if you click on it?

Do you block or allow Java?

See, the more information you provide, the easier it is to offer solutions on how to fix *your* pc, as it is not a forum or server issue, the problem is on your end. Information is king. :)
Internet Explorer is 6.0.
There is a blank area no red x's and no more button.
I do not block.

GSequoia said:
You sure Sean hasn't installed some software just to f#%@ with you?
He posted some smileys just a little while ago from this same computer. Signed in with his name. The post Icons show up at the bottom of the reply to thread screen but that is it.

jeeplas said:
He posted some smileys just a little while ago from this same computer. Signed in with his name. The post Icons show up at the bottom of the reply to thread screen but that is it.
OK, as such, I can only assume that there is an issue with your computer or you XP User account. XP acts funnny when the cache is full, and it does not clear or manage itself well sometimes.

Dump you cookies. Dump your Temp Internet files. Reboot and all of that fun stuff.

If all else failes, try firefox browser (it is nice!!). The server IS working, the forum software IS working.

GSequoia said:
You sure Sean hasn't installed some software just to f#%@ with you?

STFU GSGuy, I am having fun with this!

I got the anti smiliey for Laura program at Best Buy for $29.95 :)

See I can do it , Why can't she, same computer? :dunno:

Glenn said:
OK, as such, I can only assume that there is an issue with your computer or you XP User account. XP acts funnny when the cache is full, and it does not clear or manage itself well sometimes.

Dump you cookies. Dump your Temp Internet files. Reboot and all of that fun stuff.

If all else failes, try firefox browser (it is nice!!). The server IS working, the forum software IS working.

Cookies where dumped and the Temp files where dumped and rebooted.
Why can't I use the same browser as Seanr on the same computer? Makes no sense.
I know that the server IS working and the forum software IS working, or I would not be typing this to you now.

Back